2.0.1 alpha / 2.5 beta discussion

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

wallyweb wrote:btw - it's after midnight here and they did not revert nor did the engines :roll:
Any bright ideas :idea:
EDIT: The engines finally reverted ... at 1:00 AM AST ... you must be on EST :D
It uses your own system time, but only every time you load or start a game.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Thade
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Thade »

wallyweb wrote: 2nd pic = but not this goooood :lol: :D
LOL, the second picture is awesome! :mrgreen:
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Patchman wrote:It uses your own system time, but only every time you load or start a game.
Cute :wink: Explains why sending them to the shed didn't work :D
Thade wrote:
wallyweb wrote:2nd pic = but not this goooood :lol: :D
LOL, the second picture is awesome! :mrgreen:
You should have seen the big fireball at the level crossing just before :D

Sorry Patchman ... I know ... off topic ...
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Sad to say, but pathfinding has become less intelligent in alpha 48. :cry:

The oiltrain (train 1) waiting at the PBS junction has to go to Hulst South.
It should choose the right track, which worked up to alpha 47, but now it waits until the left track becomes available.
Placing a double signal there is no solution because then the other oiltrain (train 0) will go straight ahaed, missing the waypoint Hulst South if that track is occupied.
There are numerous junctions like this in my game, but in most cases I could solve it by placing a double signal somewhere.
Attachments
scr4.png
scr4.png (76.36 KiB) Viewed 2563 times
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
KrevRenko
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KrevRenko »

Yes, and one more thing, the trains go for tracks too aggressively, at a station where I don't separate goods trains and raw material trains, it often happens that a raw material train rushes behind a goods one, to the same platform, which can't be cleared because the goods train is on full load. This creates long queues and/or jams. At pax stations, often there are three trains queuing for one platform while there are two free ones. A major P.I.T.A. if you ask me, I have to revert to a47. Perhaps u overoptimized PBS a tad bit, Patchman, hm? It runs like ordinary signals now. :wink:
kvtb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kvtb »

Patchman wrote:Maybe post or email me a savegame together with ttdpatch.cfg and newgrfw.cfg so I can look at it.
Here you are (it's a minimal test game)
Last edited by kvtb on 03 Mar 2007 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

kvtb wrote:
Patchman wrote:Maybe post or email me a savegame together with ttdpatch.cfg and newgrfw.cfg so I can look at it.
Here you are (it's a minimal test game)
Ah yes, I see the problem. I'm not sure it can be fixed actually, but a workaround is to change the position of the bridge and signals, so that either there's nothing between the station and the signal, or at least one regular track piece between station and signal. I'll have to think about this for a bit, there's no obvious solution that I can see.
Josef Drexler

No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
kvtb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kvtb »

@Patchman, do you keep the source code in CVS? If you know what caused this behaviour, you might try to revert some changes and try again, since everything worked fine in a46 (don't know about a47) :)
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

I do know what caused it, it was a fix to another bug that caused train crashes.
Josef Drexler

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Have you been working on the depot pseudosignal? Because now trains jam up for no reason at a signal in front of a non- forced depot. Not every time, but occasionally, they'll just stop at the signal with nothing in front of them, and stick there until you force them to ignore the signal. With a forced depot, everything works fine.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

I though new sprite sorting was already fixed with bridges ... wasn't it ?
Attachments
SCR1.png
SCR1.png (84.75 KiB) Viewed 2184 times
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

I still have the same problem as well on all my bridges.

Did I miss something?
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I've always had that problem, I knew there were experiments to fix it but I hadn't heard they were successful. The sprite-sorter is complex and there are a lot of issues with it, so it would be hard to fix.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
MegaStationMan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MegaStationMan »

krtaylor wrote:Have you been working on the depot pseudosignal? Because now trains jam up for no reason at a signal in front of a non- forced depot. Not every time, but occasionally, they'll just stop at the signal with nothing in front of them, and stick there until you force them to ignore the signal. With a forced depot, everything works fine.
Ive had trains do similar things. At a few of my stations I have a 1-way pre signal followed by lots of 2-way combos which are followed by 1-way exits (1 exit per combo). This prevented trains from coming out of the station in the wrong direction so I didnt have to use extra waypoints.

This has worked perfectly up until A48 where trains will stop themselves at the combos. I had to replace all the combos with exits and remove the 1-way exits.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Ah. So it sounds like there really is a bug there.
Flamelord
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Flamelord »

What's a "forced depot" as opposed to a "non-forced depot"?
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

A forced depot is one to which the tracks are laid in such a way that trains MUST enter the depot, they can't just drive past it.
MegaStationMan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MegaStationMan »

I never tried using forced depots. But I play with breakdowns off so I dont use them.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

MegaStationMan wrote:At a few of my stations I have a 1-way pre signal followed by lots of 2-way combos which are followed by 1-way exits (1 exit per combo).
This has worked perfectly up until A48 where trains will stop themselves at the combos. I had to replace all the combos with exits and remove the 1-way exits.
Is there a square of normal track between the combos and the exits?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

bah, i don't like depots, i have breakdowns off and the servicing at maximum. i only use depots when necessary.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster

Return to “General TTDPatch”