DOS TTDPatch Under XP

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

WWTBAM

DOS TTDPatch Under XP

Post by WWTBAM »

I remember eis_os implementing a patch to remove the code that prevented DOS TTD from loading on XP. This was fine except the game would crash part way through a game. I remember posting a bug report at the time and waiting for several weeks with no replies. I was wondering if any work has been done since then or if anyone is interested in attempting to fix any remaining issues. I shall setup DOS TTD(P) in the comming weeks so it can be tested. I am interested in this as I have the DOS TTD cd but no Windows Version and would rather be as legal as possible.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: DOS TTDPatch Under XP

Post by eis_os »

These patches are highly experimental to start TTD (making life easier for finding fragments) and are based on Marcins work detecting that the Interrupt Handling is broken.

I don't think there is someone willing to work on it, as 16bit emulation on windows 64bit is obsolete.
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Ok thankyou. I have heard people use 16 bit programs under XP Mode on Windows 7 Professional and higher.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

If you wanna start a Virtual PC or VMware session, you can aswell start an MS/FreeDOS directly...
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

Because DOSBox emulates the CPU as well, therefore you need a much faster computer to run it satisfactorily.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

plus Newer versions of VMware and virtual pc allow integration components to be installed in certain OSes.
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

I know DosBox emulates the CPU, but do the VMWare and other such things support VESA/VBE 2.0 or 3.0 yet?
Because last time I checked they didn't. So no matter how nicely one can install Win98/DOS in there - it still isn't the "whole" DOS.

Return to “General TTDPatch”