ttdeluxe patch

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

chrispy66
Engineer
Engineer

ttdeluxe patch

Post by chrispy66 »

i managed to dolwnload the patch for windows then i got stuck. downloaded winzip but got even more confused? can someone in layman terms please help?tks.
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: ttdeluxe patch

Post by Benny »

Got stuck? How?
Why did you download winzip?
What confused you about winzip?

Also, try to write properly.
chrispy66
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chrispy66 »

sorry about writing not good with english. ok went to site for patch downloaded windows version. went into files area theres a ttdw files that when you open it says nothing found press a key to close? so what do i do next?
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

You need to place the exe where your TTD installation is.
chrispy66
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chrispy66 »

sorry to sound dense but i don't know what you mean? i have the dos version not windows som i've downloaded that version.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

chrispy66 wrote:i have the dos version not windows som i've downloaded that version.
Please translate this into English; as it stands now it's either nonsense or a tautology.

Also, your keyboard has a shift key for a reason. Use it.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
chrispy66
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chrispy66 »

very sorry ok when i've downloaded the does files how do i put the ttpatch into the tt deluxe game.
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

petert wrote:You need to place the exe where your TTD installation is.
Peter explained how to install perfectly clear here --^

And what is "does files"? I don't understand.
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

Try 'DOS files'
It would seem to fit.
chrispy66
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chrispy66 »

this is my last post so if you want to delete i don't care. all i wanted was after you've downloaded the patch into your files is a list of simple instuructions on what todo next. eg open thjis run that attach this. not much to ask for is it?
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

chrispy66 wrote:not much to ask for is it?
No, absolutely not. It's just a bit hard for some people to read your posts when they aren't capitalized, punctuated correctly...
chrispy66 wrote:list of simple instuructions on what todo next.
http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... figuration

Merry Christmas!
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

petert wrote:
chrispy66 wrote:not much to ask for is it?
No, absolutely not. It's just a bit hard for some people to read your posts when they aren't capitalized, punctuated correctly...
Indeed and you forgot 'if it doesn't make any sense' which it didn't, nor did the post chrispy66 made after DaleStan's remarks. In fact - it made less sense. Can you believe it? :mrgreen:
chrispy66
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chrispy66 »

All i asked was how do you uzip the tt dos files into the tt deluxe files and what to do next. you should be helping people not attcking there grammer this is'nt an english test site.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

First of all, download the entire TTD For Windows zipfile: http://www.owenrudge.net/download/download?t=1&id=129
Then, put the TTDPatch exe into the TTD Folder, not the main folder, the subfolder. You might get an error about a "dplay.dll". Just search your entire system for dplay.dll and put it in the previously made folder (where the TTDPatch executable is).
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

chrispy66 wrote:All i asked was how do you uzip the tt dos files into the tt deluxe files and what to do next. you should be helping people not attcking there grammer this is'nt an english test site.
If all of us try and write in proper English then new-comers and alike can easily navigate the Forum and find what they are looking for. If of course people are lazy and write in Engrish or even Jibberish, then anyone who is trying to find some answers gets even more confused. I know - I have - reading your posts. Thank you.

Anyhow - as always there's a manual or a wiki-page link somewhere on the program's site.

EDIT: By the way - English is not my native language but I try. :-)
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

chrispy66 wrote:you should be helping people not attcking there grammer this is'nt an english test site.
Actually we all do a quite good job of helping people. The thing about the grammar is its kind of like the rules to a game. If you don't follow the rules, there is an excellent chance that you will fail at the game. The reason languages all have grammar is so that people using the same language will be able to understand each other. So, if we get onto you about your grammar, it is because we want to help you but we don't understand what you are asking about, even when you are using the same language as we do.
chrispy66
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chrispy66 »

how much simpler do you want me to put it. when i download the dos patch how do i zip it into the tt deluxe game and then what do i do?
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Have you even bothered to read my post?! I'm really sorry, but I can't keep calm much more, I've shown you twice already... :roll:
petert wrote:First of all, download the entire TTD For Windows zipfile: http://www.owenrudge.net/download/download?t=1&id=129
Then, put the TTDPatch exe into the TTD Folder, not the main folder, the subfolder. You might get an error about a "dplay.dll". Just search your entire system for dplay.dll and put it in the previously made folder (where the TTDPatch executable is).
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

chrispy66 wrote:how much simpler do you want me to put it.
We want you to put it like this:
How much simpler do you want me to put it? When I download the DOS Patch how do I zip it into the TT Deluxe game and then what do I do?
Note the capitalization and punctuation.
chrispy66 wrote:when i download the dos patch how do i zip it into the tt deluxe game
You don't. You unzip it, and you do so into the folder where the game is installed, not into the game itself.
chrispy66 wrote:and then what do i do?
You follow the instructions found in petert's helpful link to the manual.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “General TTDPatch”