How do i add new content into the TTD patch?

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

souvikm16
Engineer
Engineer

How do i add new content into the TTD patch?

Post by souvikm16 »

Hi!
I have been playing TTD with the patch TTDPatch Version 2.0 rev1. The game loads fine and the game play is fine too. The other day i saw quite a few new vehicle contents including trams in this forum. Can someone guide me as to how to add these new contents into the game?? The files are in the format of .grf
So do i directly copy-paste them in my TTD directory or is there any other procedure for this? I am dying to try out the new contents, so any help at the earliest would be greatly appreciated! :)
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Re: How do i add new content into the TTD patch?

Post by PikkaBird »

Hi,

There are instructions here.

If you want to use more recent grfs, you'll probably need a more recent version of TTDPatch - you can download the latest nightly here.

Welcome to the forums. Please don't use coloured text. :)
souvikm16
Engineer
Engineer

Post by souvikm16 »

Thanks for the info! And thanks for the guidance regarding the font. Had no idea about it. I am currently using the TTDpatch 2.6alpha O r2236
I have downloaded a few files but have faced problem regarding the switches. Can you please guide me as to ow do i change the values of switch for any particular grf??
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Open ttdpatch.cfg in notepad, and search it for the mentioned switches. Change "off" to "on" and save. Lather, rinse, repeat.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “General TTDPatch”