Food Vans not loading food

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Damascus
Engineer
Engineer

Food Vans not loading food

Post by Damascus »

I'm using v2.5, beta 8 and have the problem that the Perry & Foster Food Vans are not loading food. When you go to a depot and check the Perry or Foster to buy one, the "capacity" line is blank. I have TTAlter and it says both load "food/fizzy drinks." Any ideas what is going on?

I have the following loaded (and all work fine): new ships, new cargo set, industrial stations,, planeset 1.53, US roadset, US trainset, US signals, US stations, new bridges, Canadian stations, new stations.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Food Vans not loading food

Post by DaleStan »

Try cht:resetengines. If that doesn't work, we'll need a savegame and your configs.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Damascus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Damascus »

It didn't work. I'm enclosing a saved game and ttdpatch.cfg file. Thanks for your help.

(cht:resetengines didn't take so I used cht:resetvehicles)
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
(35.6 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
TRT02.SV1
(331.84 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Did you unload an industry or cargo set? If so, reload it.

Otherwise, I'll need your newgrf.cfg (Or, better, if your version of TTDPatch supports it, grfdebug.txt, which is generated by clicking the "Debug" button in the GRF status window.)
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Damascus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Damascus »

I think all the industries that were loaded are loaded. Here is the debug file.
Attachments
grfdebug.txt
(2.57 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

@Damascus

Unfortunately, I can´t open your savegame, so I can´t see the bug for myself. Just a wild guess: from your grf list I see that you´re using the NewCargo set. Could you try without it?

(Idea: NewCargo modifies trucks 3C -3E for "food" and "beer", these are toyland trucks only available when using the CargoSet. OTOH, "food" introduced by NewCargo is != normal "food". So ...)

regards
Michael
Damascus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Damascus »

I deleted the newcargo set and there was no change; I even started a new game. After I put it back in I started games in all three climates and found that the food van only doesn't work in the temperate climate; it's fine in the desert and arctic zones.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Damascus wrote:When you go to a depot and check the Perry or Foster to buy one, the "capacity" line is blank.
Would it be possible to post a screenshot showing it?

regards
Michael
Damascus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Damascus »

Here it is. I bought a van and opened its detail list and it shows "goods" as its cargo.
Attachments
TTD.jpg
TTD.jpg (209.86 KiB) Viewed 4967 times
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Well, yes. Something seems to be broken.
Damascus wrote:I started games in all three climates and found that the food van only doesn't work in the temperate climate; it's fine in the desert and arctic zones.
Yeah, that´s correct. Originally, there´s no "food" cargo in temperate, hence no trucks for food. Only if you´d be using a newgrf which makes available food (and trucks for it) in temperate. Because NewCargo would do this, although not for the Perry truck, I was thinking of problems with that particular newgrf.

Question remains why those trucks appear in temperate at all?

ATM, I have only two ideas:

- try removing all newgrfs and test for that particular truck, successively adding newgrfs again one by one,

- try updating to Beta 9 or the latest nightly. If there´s a certain bug in Beta 8 it could be already removed from later versions.

regards
Michael
Damascus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Damascus »

I downloaded ttdpatch 2.6 alpha 0 r2085. When I ran it it didn't like the "waituntilgreen" switch so I removed that and after another error I updated the ttdpbasew.grf file. Now the program crashes when I either select a saved game or start a new game. The problem file is the ttdloadw.ovl file. (Changing everything back to the older versions still causes a ttdloadw.ovl crash).

I have also started new games with no grf files and the food van problem still exists (in the older version, obviously I can't test it if it doesn't start up).

BTW, I truly appreciate all the assistance.

EDIT: I deleted the .ovl file and the game generated a new one and runs. The food van problem still exists with the new versions of ttdpatchw and ttdpbasew. I ran the new versions with a blank newgrf.cfg file and the one I had originally and there is no difference.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Well, I´m out of ideas now.
Damascus wrote:The food van problem still exists with the new versions of ttdpatchw and ttdpbasew. I ran the new versions with a blank newgrf.cfg file and the one I had originally and there is no difference.
When I´m using your ttdpatch.cfg file together with r2085, the Perry and Foster food vans aren´t available in temperate, but only in arctic and tropic, as it should be the case (see pictures).
food.png
food.png (20.08 KiB) Viewed 4912 times
I´m sorry, but I can´t comprehend the original problem. :|

regards
Michael
aahz77
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by aahz77 »

Damascus wrote:EDIT: I deleted the .ovl file and the game generated a new one and runs. The food van problem still exists with the new versions of ttdpatchw and ttdpbasew. I ran the new versions with a blank newgrf.cfg file and the one I had originally and there is no difference.
I can't say anything about your main problem, but here is a hint for the .ovl problem: As you switch between versions, the .ovl may become invalid. To keep it always up-to-date, use the RebuildTtdpatchovlOnEveryRun switch.
One after one, by the star-dogged Moon,
Too quick for groan or sigh,
Each turned his face with a ghastly pang,
And cursed me with his eye.

-- Samuel T. Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Damascus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Damascus »

Michael, many thanks for assistance. I have tried a new installation on my laptop to see what is going on but I can't figure out how the food vans got into the temperate climate in the first place. So I went back to my desktop and disabled all the grfs except ttdpbasew.grf figuring the food vans wouldn't show up but they still do. Can I have triggered them somehow in ttdpatch.cfg? If we can't get to the bottom of this I'll just haul food on the rails.

EDIT: I think I've got it. I must have checked the "temperate" box within TTD Alter because it's checked now. The vans are available but nothing is set up to supply them. I've unchecked the box and new games now don't have the food vans in temperate.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Ah. TTDAlter.

I should have noticed that earlier. Basically, don't use it. It was useful, but now all its abilities are (I believe) provided by newgrf, so there's rarely a reason to use it, and it can occasionally mess up TTDPatch or certain newgrfs.

On the other hand, used properly, it can still do certain things more easily than homebrewing a grf.
Damascus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Damascus »

I reinstalled on all my computers with the latest ttdpatch and the new graphics and am very impressed with all the new features. Outstanding work.

Return to “General TTDPatch”