Playing on Vista - CD problem

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

nickersonpower
Engineer
Engineer

Playing on Vista - CD problem

Post by nickersonpower »

I've looked through the board and I can't seem to find a solution to my problem. I've downloaded the Windows version of TTD from transporttycoon.net and installed it and the patch as instructed. I copied the dplayx.dll file from its place in Windows to my TTD directory and renamed it dplay.dll. I double click the patch shortcut on my desktop and get a message saying that it's unable to locate the CD. I'm using Vista and I was under the impression just copying the file and renaming it would get the game to work. I didn't use a CD to install it! :x I've seen this mentioned lots in the forums but I've not been able to find a solution... any help would be appreciated! :D
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Playing on Vista - CD problem

Post by DaleStan »

If you've seen it mentioned lots of times, you should know by now that the solution is to read the FAQ.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “General TTDPatch”