Vista Install Help

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

needTTinstallhelp
Engineer
Engineer

Vista Install Help

Post by needTTinstallhelp »

Okay so I downloaded the game and the patch in order to run it on Vista and I now fall into this category:
Windows Vista complains about a missing file dplay.dll?

If you're using the nightlies, ensure win2k is on, and then delete TTDLOADW.OVL. If this doesn't work, report it as a bug. After you've reported the bug, use the solution for the 2.5 beta versions.
If you're using a 2.5 beta, copy dplayx.dll to your TTD folder, and rename it to dplay.dll.
I don't know where to go in order to ensure that wink2k is on or where that TTDLOADW.OVL file is located. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
HyBeRbOoM xLc
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Vista Install Help

Post by HyBeRbOoM xLc »

needTTinstallhelp wrote:If you're using a 2.5 beta, copy dplayx.dll to your TTD folder, and rename it to dplay.dll.
your TTD should be in C:\TTD.
<CTRL>, <ALT>, <DEL> ;)
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Unless you put it somewhere else. And I'm pretty sure that's not the default.

Look in the same directory as ttdpatchw.exe. You'll find TTDLOADW.OVL there, and ttdpatch.cfg, which needs to be edited with notepad.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
HyBeRbOoM xLc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HyBeRbOoM xLc »

Damn. it has been 5 year since the last time i played on TTD. I better download it and play again!
<CTRL>, <ALT>, <DEL> ;)
needTTinstallhelp
Engineer
Engineer

DaleStan wrote:Unless you put it somewhere else. And I'm pretty sure that's not the default.

Look in the same directory as ttdpatchw.exe. You'll find TTDLOADW.OVL there, and ttdpatch.cfg, which needs to be edited with notepad.
Alright, I found it. First I deleted the TTDLOADW.OVL file and tried to run the program by clicking the TTD Patch to run it on Vista. It didn't work and it put a new TTDLOADW.OVL file right back into the directory. Then I went into the ttdpatch.cfg using notepad and changed the Win2k to -1. Tried to run it again and it didn't work, same thing when I deleted the TTDLOADW.OVL file after editing the ttdpatch.cfg file. ?(
needTTinstallhelp
Engineer
Engineer

HyBeRbOoM xLc wrote:Damn. it has been 5 year since the last time i played on TTD. I better download it and play again!
I love this game! Played it when it was out on Windows95 and got hooked. I have it on Windows98 but I'd like to be able to play it on Vista now that I got a new computer. I'm glad to see that people are keeping this game alive over the years!!
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

There should be two lines in TTDPatch's output (you'll need to run it from a command-line to capture them) containing "- dplay.dll FIX DEBUG". Copy and paste both here.

Or, better yet, copy and paste the entire output, from "TTDPatch V2.6 alpha 0 r2081 (Windows) starting." to the line that immediately follows "Starting TTDLOADW.OVL"
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
needTTinstallhelp
Engineer
Engineer

DaleStan wrote:There should be two lines in TTDPatch's output (you'll need to run it from a command-line to capture them) containing "- dplay.dll FIX DEBUG". Copy and paste both here.

Or, better yet, copy and paste the entire output, from "TTDPatch V2.6 alpha 0 r2081 (Windows) starting." to the line that immediately follows "Starting TTDLOADW.OVL"
I have no idea where/what the output is or how to run a command line. ?(
HyBeRbOoM xLc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HyBeRbOoM xLc »

there's r2081? D:

I'm using r2079, off the tt-forums nightly releases.

Edited = Never mind, I didn't noticed r2081 release. Apparently I grabbed the r2079 from January 11 ( two days ago ).
<CTRL>, <ALT>, <DEL> ;)
Flamelord
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Flamelord »

Start -> Run; type "cmd"; hit enter. Type "cd " and then the full path to the directory where TTDX is; hit enter. Type "ttdpatchw.exe"; hit enter. Don't type in any of the quotes that I placed around the text strings you're supposed to type in. Then you'll see the output that DaleStan is asking for.
Additional Livery Set
Official TT-Jewel Staite FanClub

Return to “General TTDPatch”