Signalling question

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Major
Engineer
Engineer

Signalling question

Post by Major »

Hi, I've been playing TTDP for years, but only recently I found about PBS, so I don't fully understand how they work. From what I understand, the white signals allow a train to pass (quote from the manual: "Hence they should be used where trains should pass through in one direction, and possibly wait in the other."). The train should go up, but it stoped there, though there is no train in that intersection. I tried using a two-way signal, but it is converted automatically to PBS signal and the train passes it when it enters the intersection, but cannot pass the signal when it goes up.

Edit: I'm using the latest nightly(r2079). All signals related options in ttdpatch.cfg( isignals, pathbasedsignalling, presignals, psignals, tsignals) are on.
Last edited by Major on 20 Jan 2009 17:02, edited 3 times in total.
Major
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Signalling question (solved)

Post by Major »

I found that I had to place a signal behind the through-signal in order to create a signal-block.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

To explain, through signals do not break the PBS path, and a path through a PBS block must not exceed either 64 tiles total or 7 junction tiles. So, the signal after the through signal must not be more than 64 tiles from the signal where the train is waiting.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Major
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Major »

Sorry to bother you again, but is this a bug or did I do something wrong here? (TTDPatch nightly r2081)
At first the signals were automatically converted to PBS pre-signals, so I thought this must be the problem. I changet them to normal PBS signals and you can see in the screenshot the result. I thought it may be the station (maybe it was to short) so I built a 5 tiles classic (default) station, but that wasn't the problem either.

Edit: Is it possible that this happens because I continued the game after I upgraded to a new nightly build? Maybe the savegames aren't fully compatible.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Signalling question

Post by JGR »

The problem seems to be caused by the buffer stops (which I don't use personally, so never tested against).
It will be fixed ASAP
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Major
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Major »

Thanks for the answer, removing the buffer stops solved the problem.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Major wrote:Edit: Is it possible that this happens because I continued the game after I upgraded to a new nightly build? Maybe the savegames aren't fully compatible.
That is possible, but unlikely. But should it happen, it should be reported as a bug. Every nightly build should be able to load saves created by any previous version.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

In this instance, the origin of the savegame was not connected to the problem, which is fixed as of r2082.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Major
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Major »

For some reason my trains can't reserve a path through tunnels. Is there a switch that affects this behaviour or this is a bug? I've searched the forums but I couldn't find a solution to this problem.

( Using TTDP Nightly r2082 )
Major
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Major »

I solved the problem by enabling 'enhancetunnels'. Please add this condition in 'Manual->Patches->Infrastructure->Railroads->Signalling->PathBasedSignalling' at the requirements for PBS to work correctly.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

You don't need that signal at the far tunnel mouth, it will only cause a jam.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||

Return to “General TTDPatch”