TTDPatch Nightly server problems

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

venomx93
Engineer
Engineer

TTDPatch Nightly server problems

Post by venomx93 »

Hello everybody

I have a problem with server http://nightly.ttdpatch.net/latest/ I cant reach it even from TTDX Configurator via automatic update. Somebody know whats going on ?

aahz77
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: TTDPatch Nightly server problems

Post by aahz77 »

Works perfectly for me here. What is the exact error message you get when you try to open the link (manually, not with TTDXC)?
One after one, by the star-dogged Moon,
Too quick for groan or sigh,
Each turned his face with a ghastly pang,
And cursed me with his eye.

-- Samuel T. Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
venomx93
Engineer
Engineer

Post by venomx93 »

Its OK . It is working now. Propably just server error. But it was offline for 3 days, perhaps maintenance. And please does somebody know when will be next BETA released ? Now is 2.5 beta 9 so next will propably be 2.6 beta 1.

eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

no, 2.6 won't be in beta. We still have no 2.5 stable, we can't start with a beta in the 2.6 branch...
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
venomx93
Engineer
Engineer

Post by venomx93 »

eis_os wrote:no, 2.6 won't be in beta. We still have no 2.5 stable, we can't start with a beta in the 2.6 branch...

Thats not good for me, because Im using TTDPatch 2.5 beta 9 and I can not use some new graphics sets like Total Bridge Replacemnet and I do not want install nightlies versions for their unstability. Anyway, thanks for answer. :cry:

Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doclouis »

Is the TTDPatch nightly server down again? My TTDX Configurator does not show the nightly versions anymore when checking for updates...
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

I dunno. What happens when you try to use your browser to download the latest nightly?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doclouis »

that's what I just did, it works just fine, then.
At the configurator's liveupdate the nightly versions won't be displayed when checking, though.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Then I'm going to guess it's a problem with TTDXC. If that's the case, there's a topic elsewhere for you to use.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Of course it doesn't work because the Nightly developers don't provide anymore the update file used by TTDXC, which I think Josef created long ago. The file was at http://nightly.ttdpatch.net/latest/.info which now has nothing for unknown reasons, so I'm asking here to the Nightly developers where is that file now, or why was it removed from the server, thanks.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

You can't just grep http://nightly.ttdpatch.net/latest/ for the revision number?
Or, if you prefer, grep http://nightly.ttdpatch.net/ , and let the user choose which revision to use.
HyBeRbOoM xLc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HyBeRbOoM xLc »

Andrex wrote:Of course it doesn't work because the Nightly developers don't provide anymore the update file used by TTDXC, which I think Josef created long ago. The file was at http://nightly.ttdpatch.net/latest/.info which now has nothing for unknown reasons, so I'm asking here to the Nightly developers where is that file now, or why was it removed from the server, thanks.
I have been suspecting about this one too. Thanks! :)
<CTRL>, <ALT>, <DEL> ;)

Return to “General TTDPatch”