Does "division of capacities for cargoes" really work?

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Does "division of capacities for cargoes" really work?

Post by michael blunck »

This is a question to developers and .grf designers.

In TTD, cargo has a specified weight (see http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... faultProps ), i.e. 1 ton of iron ore equals 2 crates of goods, or 4 bags of mail or 16 passengers, etc., e.g. when regularly refitting a vehicle.

Now, did this really work in the past? I mean, w/o using CB15 explicitly? Documentation-wise it should, but in recently tested versions of TTDPatch I can´t see the expected outcome. E.g., when refitting a vehicle of 30 tons capacity (lumber, iron ore, ...) to "goods", I´m getting 60 crates (that´s OK), but refitting to "mail" results in 60 bags which is wrong, same goes for livestock and others.

Any comments, advice, ...?

regards
Michael
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Re: Does "division of capacities for cargoes" really work?

Post by PikkaBird »

michael blunck wrote:This is a question to developers and .grf designers.

In TTD, cargo has a specified weight (see http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... faultProps ), i.e. 1 ton of iron ore equals 2 crates of goods, or 4 bags of mail or 16 passengers, etc., e.g. when regularly refitting a vehicle.
1 ton of regular cargo = 2 crates of goods, 2 bags of mail or 4 passengers. There's no relationship between the cargo's weight parameter and the refitted capacity.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

PikkaBird wrote: 1 ton of regular cargo = 2 crates of goods, 2 bags of mail or 4 passengers. There's no relationship between the cargo's weight parameter and the refitted capacity.
Then, what means "Unlike regular refitted capacities, the return value is not subject to the usual division of capacities for cargoes [...]"?
http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... allback_15_ and where are your numbers above come from? Is there any mentioning in the Wiki?

I remember this having been discussed between George and me but ATM, I really don´t remember and I can´t locate the old mails. :|

regards
Michael
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

michael blunck wrote:and where are your numbers above come from?
The multiplication of passengers, mail and goods are a hangover from original TTD.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

So, would it make sense to get an agreement on cargo parameters between the different railway sets? Or are we going to work out totally different numbers for CB15 usage?

regards
Michael
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Agreement on which parameters? And what exactly is a "cargo parameter" anyway?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

DaleStan wrote:Agreement on which parameters? And what exactly is a "cargo parameter" anyway?
Well, properties, in TTDPatch terms.

But nevermind. Meanwhile I´ve taken some random numbers.

regards
Michael

Return to “General TTDPatch”