Need help with .cfg file.

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

jrgcool35
Engineer
Engineer

Need help with .cfg file.

Post by jrgcool35 »

I set my .cfg file and most of the stuff seems to work but I can't get 2 main things to work: bribe and pre-signals they are set to on but won't work any help would be appreciated since I am a n00b to this. I put in the code to make the game auto set the stuff here is what it says in the .cfg for those two:

Bribe: bribe on

Presignals: presignals on

Thank you for any help :P
Greno Zee
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Need help with .cfg file.

Post by Greno Zee »

I might for a change try to be helpful and attempt to answer even though I haven't actually played for 4 months...

You can't bribe straight away. I think you must have a rating in the city and it has to be of certain size (hm, it's rather a guess)

The presignals don't get placed automaticaly. You have to choose either a presignal from the signal menu, either keep clicking on an existing signal with CTRL and the signal tool on, until it becomes a presignal. And to see it you need to have the graphics installed (not sure anymore whether it's in the base grf).

Hope this gets you started.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Greno Zee wrote:You can't bribe straight away. I think you must have a rating in the city and it has to be of certain size (hm, it's rather a guess)
Bribes have nothing to do with rating, if you needed a certain rating to bribe that would make the purpose of a bribe rather pointless. You need to have enough money to be able to bribe and this sum of money increases as you go up through the rating ranks. An initial bribe is in the £400k ballpark.
jrgcool35
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jrgcool35 »

Ameecher wrote:
Greno Zee wrote:You can't bribe straight away. I think you must have a rating in the city and it has to be of certain size (hm, it's rather a guess)
Bribes have nothing to do with rating, if you needed a certain rating to bribe that would make the purpose of a bribe rather pointless. You need to have enough money to be able to bribe and this sum of money increases as you go up through the rating ranks. An initial bribe is in the £400k ballpark.
EDIT: Ok I found out that I need to have at least some rating in the city to get the bribe option.

But when I try to build the pre-signals they come out as normal ones, I downloaded the extra graphics pack also and installed it it seems to be working correctly (unless there are airplane skins) when I hold CNTRL and try to build they still build normal signs how can I tell if the are pre-signals or not.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

jrgcool35 wrote:So the bribe option button won't be there until I have enough money?
Correct, it will appear when you are just short of the amount of money you need in the Local Authority section of the town information window.
jrgcool35
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jrgcool35 »

Ameecher wrote:
jrgcool35 wrote:So the bribe option button won't be there until I have enough money?
Correct, it will appear when you are just short of the amount of money you need in the Local Authority section of the town information window.
I edited that post now how do I fix the pre-signals and how do I tell if its a pre-signal or not they look like the defualt TTD signals and I have installed the graphics-pack, I don't mind not having the tropics maps, but do these include airplane skins cause I have not seen any skins for them.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Hopefully this can page can help you: http://uwe.s2000.ws/ttdx/signal/index.php?lang=en
jrgcool35
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jrgcool35 »

Ameecher wrote:Hopefully this can page can help you: http://uwe.s2000.ws/ttdx/signal/index.php?lang=en
Thanks that helped me a lot, also you have a site with skins those depot skins you have are there any errors with those that can cause trains to jam cause Ive seen that happen with airport skins.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I have had no reports of my depot graphics causing any problems whatsoever. I'd call that safe :)
jrgcool35
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jrgcool35 »

Ameecher wrote:I have had no reports of my depot graphics causing any problems whatsoever. I'd call that safe :)
Do I need to change anything in the .cfg file for them to work? like in any .cfg file.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

you need to download the .grf file to your newgrf file folder and then in your newgrf.cfg enter the line

Code: Select all

newgrf/dep2.1w.grf
or

newgrf/dep2.0w.grf
depending on which version of the file you download.
jrgcool35
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jrgcool35 »

Ameecher wrote:you need to download the .grf file to your newgrf file folder and then in your newgrf.cfg enter the line

newgrf/dep2.1w.grf
or

newgrf/dep2.0w.grf
depending on which version of the file you download.
it gves me a error messaage saying wrong GRF file or version etc error loading.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Sorry if this obvious but did you extract the .grf from the .zip from the website?
jrgcool35
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jrgcool35 »

Ameecher wrote:Sorry if this obvious but did you extract the .grf from the .zip from the website?
yes I extracted the .grf from the website that I go to from clicking Ameecher's graphics picture. I will try again because my .zip is being dominated by rar

I did it again but from zip this time its the same problem. I have TTDPatch rev1 (thats what it says when I enter TTD).
Last edited by jrgcool35 on 13 Dec 2007 22:26, edited 1 time in total.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Where are you saving the .grf to?

Your transport tycoon directory or your newgrf folder?
jrgcool35
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jrgcool35 »

Ameecher wrote:Where are you saving the .grf to?

Your transport tycoon directory or your newgrf folder?
Directory:

D:\Transportation Tycoon\Transport Tycoon Deluxe\newgrf

(I have it saved in my D hard drive if thats a problem lol cause my C is full to the top)

I will try version 2.1 if that works.

Both don't work.

I have TTDPatch 2.0 rev 1 is that the problem?

I found a command line in my TTDPatch .cfg file that says:

loadallgraphics off

can I turn that on?
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Version 2.1 has never existed, and will never exist. 2.0r1 is ancient. Get 2.5 beta 9 or the latest nightly.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
jrgcool35
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jrgcool35 »

DaleStan wrote:Version 2.1 has never existed, and will never exist. 2.0r1 is ancient. Get 2.5 beta 9 or the latest nightly.
Version 2.1 as in his graphics its version 2.1 and 2.0
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Definitely go and get TTDPatch 2.5 beta 9.
furdude6
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by furdude6 »

// `presignals' (-w) automatically sets up 'pre-signals' to improve station handling.
presignals on

// `newsignals' (-ZW) enables new graphics for signals.
newsignals on
those two lines help, the first one automatically sets up the lights to be what they need to be, and the second one enables the new graphic that has(hopefully) been downloaded.. :D
TTDX Nothin better...Nuff said!!...Need any other entertainment visit http://furdude2.proboards43.com/index.cgi an see if anyone has any of this interests as well.
I got a IRC channel too!! go to Quakenet then go to #furdude2
(Visit http://www.cafepress.com/leaveamessage for some fun items!!)
Visit http://myinterpagedesigninc.com/InterpageDesignINC.htm if you need a Site for a guild(any game will do) or a regular site. Visit http://sharecash.org/download.php?file=359761 to get my FAQ!

Return to “General TTDPatch”