Making easy money with the Subsidiaries function

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Harmen1984
Engineer
Engineer

Making easy money with the Subsidiaries function

Post by Harmen1984 »

Hey all,

Don't know if this has alreasy been posted, if so, forgive me 8)

Yesterday if found out that repaing a loan decreases your company value with that amount, and taking out a loan increases your company value.

Knowing this, I took over 75% of an opponent, who had not maximised it's loan. Then I went on and Managed this company, taking out a maximum loan, hereby increasing the opponents company value (the graph went upwards too). After I had done this, I went back to manage my own company, and then I sold the 75% of my oppontents share for much more money than what I paid to get it.

Voila. This provided me with an amount of extra cash to eventually rule out all of my opponents... :D

I don't know if the opponent will repay the loan once they get back their control. If so, this trick can be done multiple times :!:
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Making easy money with the Subsidiaries function

Post by Ameecher »

Chances are, the debt will cripple them and they will go bankrupt even faster than if you left them to themselves.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Making easy money with the Subsidiaries function

Post by wallyweb »

Ameecher wrote:Chances are, the debt will cripple them and they will go bankrupt even faster than if you left them to themselves.
Sounds like real life to me ... buy out your competitor, empty the bank account, fire all the employees, then get rid of the competitor. :P

Return to “General TTDPatch”