Make station accept oil

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

greenhorn
Engineer
Engineer

Make station accept oil

Post by greenhorn »

Hello fellow TT enthusiasts.

I have setup a oil tanker to unload the oil at a dock which is next to a train station. I want the trains then to transport the oil to the refinery as that will be better. I am having trouble getting the station to accept the oil though.

What can I do to make the the train station accept the oil? I am on about the train station next to the dock where the oil is unloaded.

Many thanks

Greeny 8)
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Make station accept oil

Post by MjD »

Just for clarity what game are you playing? This section is for Locomotion rather that TT so you may have posted in the wrong section.

MD
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
Barry
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Barry »

Assuming that you're playing Locomotion (I think that these details may apply to the TT games as well - but I may be wrong), then there are a few things to check:

> Ensure that your train station and dock represent the same station entity (if you build the dock first, then try starting the train station within two squares of the dock - they should "share" a name).
> Get your tanker to unload its cargo at the dock.
> Ensure that there's no industry within the cachement area (about four squares radius, IIRC) that accepts oil, as this will take the oil that you unload before you can load it onto a train.

HTH
greenhorn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by greenhorn »

Being a n000b i posted in the wrong section, it am playing tt deluxe with the patch. The station is pretty close to the dock (2 squares but i will try making it closer and getting the train to pick up oil from it.

if theres an admin reading, pls move this to the appropriate section.
aahz77
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by aahz77 »

greenhorn wrote:Being a n000b i posted in the wrong section, it am playing tt deluxe with the patch. The station is pretty close to the dock (2 squares but i will try making it closer and getting the train to pick up oil from it.

if theres an admin reading, pls move this to the appropriate section.
In Transport Tycoon, original or Deluxe, with or without Patch, a station has to be placed adjacent to another station if they shall represent a single station entity.

However, you can "move" one part of a station away by adding a third station type, then removing the second one, thus creating a hole between the first and the third one.
One after one, by the star-dogged Moon,
Too quick for groan or sigh,
Each turned his face with a ghastly pang,
And cursed me with his eye.

-- Samuel T. Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

aahz77 wrote:In Transport Tycoon, original or Deluxe, without Patch, a station has to be placed adjacent to another station if they shall represent a single station entity
But, with a sufficiently recent version of TTDPatch, you can build disjoint stations, provided you still obey the stationspread switch.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

did you make sure that the station and the docks are under the same name (Joined)

Then you just have to make sure you command them a bit better... ie
---------
Town1 Oilfield
*Full load of oil*
Docks with trainstation
*Unload of oil*
---------

And that should do it.
aahz77
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by aahz77 »

DaleStan wrote:
aahz77 wrote:In Transport Tycoon, original or Deluxe, without Patch, a station has to be placed adjacent to another station if they shall represent a single station entity
But, with a sufficiently recent version of TTDPatch, you can build disjoint stations, provided you still obey the stationspread switch.
Shame on me.... I thought Adjacent Stations only allowed putting stations directly next to each other. Sorry, I am mainly playing the Betas and don't know every new feature from the nightly builds. I will cross-check in the future before I state whether a given feature is available or not.
One after one, by the star-dogged Moon,
Too quick for groan or sigh,
Each turned his face with a ghastly pang,
And cursed me with his eye.

-- Samuel T. Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
greenhorn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by greenhorn »

Hi all, the stations have to be next to each other for them to accept anything. Thanks for all your help.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

With a sufficiently recent version of TTDPatch, you can build disjoint stations, ...

Waitaminute. Didn't I already say that? And aahz77 helpfully linked to the appropriate manual page.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “General TTDPatch”