I'm leaving TTDPatch

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: I'm leaving TTDPatch

Post by Lakie »

I had hoped this topic would die of its own accord, however it seems it will not so I'm going to lock it.
I've not liked the direction the thread has taken for a few days now.
Draakon wrote:What? It is the best way currently for a random user to get a feature he wants in the fastest way if developers won't do that currently.
Personally I feel that shows a general disrespect for the OpenTTD developers and what they envision OpenTTD developing to.
Almost to the "mentality of if its been done by someone in the community then it should be added it to the trunk", this is not true, it still has to fit in with the style and goals of OpenTTD.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Csaboka
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Csaboka »

* Csaboka recites some Voodoo incantations to resurrect topic *

Hi folks,

It's been a year since my original announcement, and I've re-read this topic out of nostalgia.

Given that I'm not an OpenTTD developer right now, I feel I have some explaining to do. I did try working on OTTD, I've even submitted some smaller patches, but then Real Life invaded. Exams started coming up, I had to work more on my thesis, and since the end of March, I also have a part-time programmer job. I just don't have the energy and spare time I've had used for developing TTDPatch anymore. I haven't even played TTD for some months, for that matter.

I didn't want to leave this silently, it just happened that my other tasks left less and less time for TTD, until I wasn't visiting the forums at all, and I haven't even remembered to post a farewell message. Well, this is it: my "kind-of-farewell" message. I say "kind-of" because I still have e-mail notifications for PMs (and for replies to this topic, of course), and I can help if something important is coming up. I just don't think I will return as an active member of this community.

Goodbye, everyone, and have fun playing whatever flavour of TTD you prefer! :D
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.—Philip K. Dick
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Csaboka wrote:[...] Real Life invaded. Exams started coming up, I had to work more on my thesis, and since the end of March, I also have a part-time programmer job. I just don't have the energy and spare time I've had used for developing TTDPatch anymore. I haven't even played TTD for some months, for that matter.
Hi Csaba!

Good to hear you´re OK and progressing well. O/c, we all had made the experience that RL increasingly demands more energy and time, and thus our possibilities to invest in TTD is slowing down, albeit not vanishing. In any case, it´s good to hear you´re concentrating on university and work. 8)

You did a great job for TTDPatch, especially the NewHouses and NewIndustries features, originally developed by you, have been evolved into core elements of the game. We can´t thank you enough for these great contributions.
I can help if something important is coming up.
I´ll see what I can come up with. Be prepared. 8)

kind regards and all the best
Michael
gks
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by gks »

Csaboka wrote:Real Life invaded. Exams started coming up, I had to work more on my thesis, and since the end of March, I also have a part-time programmer job
good luck then ol'fella. :P
Wup!wup!netherlands! Reds go together!! Forza ac milan!!
dave worley:IM BRIAN BLESSED!
visit my minicity!please increase mypopulation http://molinella.myminicity.com/[img]ht ... ture-1.png[/img]
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

OK! Enough with the crying.! :roll:

You said goodbye ... The French have a better expression ... Au revoir mon ami ... We'll see you later my friend.
May your studies lead you to the heights of academia; may your work lead you to the heights of satisfaction.

Whatever you do, watch out for that MB guy as he'll invite you over for bacon and eggs, fill you full of his famous apple pie and then lock you up and put you to work on his latest creation. :twisted:

Bon voyage as you set sail on the next stage of your trip through the seas of life. I'm sure that the denizens of these forums will agree that there will always be a berth for your ship when you return to visit. 8)
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Good luck! And I hope you come back eventually, or at least drop in from time to time.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
gks
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by gks »

immagine the scene...csaboka on a steam train and we on the platform waving at him while the train leaves :cry: ,geez,you chose a drammatic and sad ending :?
Wup!wup!netherlands! Reds go together!! Forza ac milan!!
dave worley:IM BRIAN BLESSED!
visit my minicity!please increase mypopulation http://molinella.myminicity.com/[img]ht ... ture-1.png[/img]
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Just so long as you don't disappear entirely. I suspect I'm going to want to ask you for advice again sometime.

Thanks again for your help with callbacks 29/35.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Alas another (ex?)Patch Dev dissapears. Well, either way, Good Luck with the future. Sounds like you'll be having fun :D
Do drop by now and again, and as others have said, Thank You for your dev work.

SkeedR / Weirdy
Last known as: Weirdy
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Sorry to hear you're definitely leaving Patch, but I hope you'll not leave Forums. I wish you good luck and I hope that we'll see you soon.
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Best wishes with your future career moves and real life commitments, wherever they may take you...

:)
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own

Return to “General TTDPatch”