Multiplayer on Internet

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

town
Engineer
Engineer

Multiplayer on Internet

Post by town »

Hi.

When I playing on my lan-network is there any problems.
But when I tried to make a dedicated server and want to play on the Internet WITH!!!!! friends, then I get a lot of problems.

It seems to be the configuration of either my router or my firewall.

I use a Hawking router /HWRGM1A and Bullguard firewall.

I had tried to forward port 3979 but I think I do it wrong.
Someone ho can help me

Town
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Multiplayer on Internet

Post by Lakie »

Are you sure you've got the right section, I'm not aware of any finished dedicated server for TTDpatch yet, also as far as I know, TTDpatch does not support Internet multiplayer at the moment, I believe Oskar was working on it though.
(Could always be wrong, but I'm pretty sure its not finished yet)...

So are you sure you are referring to OpenTTD?

[Edit] TTDpatch on a LAN should work fine, although you might need to disable Oskar's wip network code. I've used it quite happily on a LAN before and most features are now net-safe.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."

Return to “General TTDPatch”