Fixed Windows music track 13

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Csaboka
Tycoon
Tycoon

Fixed Windows music track 13

Post by Csaboka »

Those who play with the Windows version of TTD and listen to the original music must have noticed that there is a broken track: track 13 ("Can't Get There From Here") contains some three minutes of silence after the end of the song. To work around it, you either have to skip the track manually every time it is played, or wait out the three minutes of silence.

I mean you had to, until now.

I finally spent the time of finding a MIDI editor, and chopping off that silence from the General Midi and SB AWE32 versions of that track. (The FM version doesn't seem to be affected.) Just overwrite your files with the ones in the zip, and the long pause should be gone.

I'm not entirely sure if I'm allowed to post the modified files, since they are under copyright, and these fixed versions could be considered derivative work released without the consent of the author. If the mods think this file shouldn't be here, just send me a PM, I will remove it instantly.
Attachments
midifix.zip
the fixed music files
(28.61 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.—Philip K. Dick
Dave

Re: Fixed Windows music track 13

Post by Dave »

Nice work Csaboka, Nice work.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

that is there deliberately, to give a nice three minute break from the music, then there is a short phrase at the very end to round it off before sawyer's tune
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
Csaboka
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Csaboka »

Are you serious, m3henry? How would three minutes of silence be deliberate? * If you play with music, why would it be nice to wait three minutes between two tracks? And most importantly, if it's deliberate, why isn't it there in the DOS version?

* Ok, except if we talking about 4'33", which is four and half minutes of deliberate silence...
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.—Philip K. Dick
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

I like the three minutes silence (it is sometimes referred to as the silent track), altough I suppose anyone who wants the music all the time can have music all the time.
I've never played the DOS version, so I assumed that the MIDI tracks used would be the same.
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Considering it's not even in every version of the Windows music, I don't think it was deliberate. It's certainly not in the DOS version, or in TTO.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I never really notice when it stops because I'm usually too immersed in the game but when the next track kicks in it makes me jump, every time. Thanks Csaboka
Dave

Post by Dave »

Ameecher wrote:I never really notice when it stops because I'm usually too immersed in the game but when the next track kicks in it makes me jump, every time. Thanks Csaboka
Haha. I relate with that statement so much.

Flickr

Skiper410
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Skiper410 »

I thought it was too bad to leave these fixed music files lost in the forums, since this bug bothered people like me and maybe other people too.

So, I created this little update program that automatically updates the files easily for all TTD versions.

Feel free to distribute and spread it as long as the content does not change. :D

NB : Avaible in english of course. :mrgreen:

Click here to download the music fix

EDIT :
If the mods think this file shouldn't be here, just send me a PM, I will remove it instantly.
Same for me. :wink:
DumKopf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DumKopf »

I prefer the pause too, simply because I get so immersed in the game it reminds me what silence is, so I turn the music off (temporarily of course). Chris Sawyer should release the album, no. 1 for sure.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Except he didn't write it.

Flickr

Return to “General TTDPatch”