TTDPOC - TTDPatch Online Configurator [beta1]

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

What do you think about this aplication?

It's great
65%
Normal
30%
It's sh*t
4%

Total votes: 23

Pnaky
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

TTDPOC - TTDPatch Online Configurator [beta1]

Post by Pnaky »

Hello everybody,
Tycoonez.com:munity started new project - TTDPOC. It's online configurator for ttdpatch.cfg file.

You can use it for browsing in switch database with description, configuration your own .cfg file or settings reader from your ttdpatch.cfg.

Utility is available on http://ttdpoc.tycoonez.com. If you have some critics, suggestion or other idea, please write it there.

Don't forget, it's beta version ;)
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Ahh, nice, even more competition in this sector :D

Here are some notes:
You may sniff Accept-Language to automatically set to english. I know that your target language is czech, but for the other users in the world it may be a bit confusing at the start.
The tooltip system is a nice idea, but they get cut in Firefox.
You may want to add the wiki links maybe..
Csaboka
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Csaboka »

I like the idea, a zero-overhead configurator, you don't need to download anything. Good for beginners who want to try TTDPatch without downloading a lot of helper apps.

You might want a native English speaking person to check all the English texts, though - some sentences seem strange to me, although I'm not a native speaker either.

How hard is it to add other supported languages? I'd like to do a Hungarian translation for you if it's feasible to do.
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.—Philip K. Dick
Pnaky
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Pnaky »

eis_os:
ad accept language - yes, we can tak information about language settings from browser but some browser are has bad configuration. We can try it the recognize for language better.
tooltip: we know this bug. other browser show it correctly. don't worry, beta2 maybe can be new method for show info about switches.
links to wiki are very good idea ;)

csaba: those apps is primary build for beginners which don't have experience with ttdpatch.
english string was translated zbynecek (he's from our community). we know, it's could be something bad but we don't have too much time for looking to anybody for correction.
new language isn't problem, we can add column to database and translate welcome text. ;)
dragonhorseboy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dragonhorseboy »

thought I'll just post that its working fine with these browsers anyhow: IE 5.5 SP2, netscape 4.8, and mozilla 1.4.x (can't recall exact right now)

and I really like the idea behind the online configurator and the list of switch together with the description for each so keep it up :D
SuperTycoon
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SuperTycoon »

I will rewrite the english descriptions for the switches if you want. I think some of them could do with a little detail adding to make them more understandable to the non-patch player, and the english is a little shakey in places.

Just ask if you want me to do this.
Pnaky
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Pnaky »

supertycoon: thank you for your offer but we must finished administration for translators and corectors as you or csaboka and etc...
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

Code: Select all

Switches found in loaded ttdpatch.cfg, but missed in the database. These switches will be added at the end of next page with chance to edit their setting. 
adjacentstation	on
alwaysyes	on
articulatedrvs	on
clonetrain	on
experimentalfeatures.newterraingen	on
experimentalfeatures.signalgui	on
experimentalfeatures.engineconvert	on
experimentalfeatures.previewdd	on
hidetranstrees	on
miscmods.notransparentdepots	off
miscmods.nodepotnumbers	off
newairports	on
newroutes	on
newsounds.highfrequency	off
shortrvs	on
stationsize	30
tracerestrict	on
variablerunningcosts	on
about newsound switch (it can be defined the way I did it - with highfrequency name: http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php?page=NewSounds)
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Pnaky
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Pnaky »

shadow-xiii: thanks for report your "bug" announce...

all: who can help with translate to other language??? we have support to czech, english, hungary??? Anything else???
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Shadow those are swicthes for the nightlies or 2.6 series to be more accurate, not having them would imply it is spefically aimed at beta users right now.
There should be some option to generate a configuration file for 2.5 (betas / stable) or 2.6 (nightlies / alphas) on the online configurator.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
squishycube
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by squishycube »

Pnaky wrote:tooltip: we know this bug. other browser show it correctly. don't worry, beta2 maybe can be new method for show info about switches.
links to wiki are very good idea ;)
I noticed this has already been fixed, but this behaviour in FireFox is not a bug. FireFox is one of the few browsers that actually use the title and alt attributes correctly; alt is the text that is displayed when the image is missing or (very rare these days) when the user has disabled images. Title is the attribute that was intended to show the tooltip you see on most images.
Added trivia: FireFox also has tooltip-troubles: Long titles get clipped.

[/boring webdeveloper talk]
I heard the stories that they tell of how they labored for this company which sold it's soul to hell

It's my alter ego in my avatar, not me!
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Lakie wrote:Shadow those are swicthes for the nightlies or 2.6 series to be more accurate
Most of them, yes, but not so for newsounds.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

True, that is the exception, since it is a DOS only switch...

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
aahz77
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by aahz77 »

Pnaky wrote:all: who can help with translate to other language??? we have support to czech, english, hungary??? Anything else???
I can translate it to German. But I think that should wait until the English translation is finished (I could correct the misspellings and grammatical errors, but you should rather let a native speaker proofread it).

Any translation should only affect the site's explaining text. The switches' translations should be taken from the patch itself (since my config files contain German descriptions, there has to be a way to get the (standard) translations out of ttdpatch[w].exe - the devs should be able to help on this point).

And two little bugs (or not?) I found with my standard cfg file: The switch wagonspeedlimits was categorized as out of range ("Switches found in the database, which have not verified value. Their values will be set to default."). I use a setting of "0" (zero), whereas your application states that it must be 1..100 or is otherwise turned to default (which is "on", which is interpreted by the Patch as "20"). The Wiki states that is has to be either on, off, or numeric (without defining a range). What is correct now? The "0" setting works fine for me.

The switch newrvcrash was defaulted to "1", while I use "off". Although the Wiki doesn't specifically mention "off", it is always possible not to use any given switch by leaving it off. The extreme case would be a cfg file with only win2k=on and nothing else, resulting in original TTD behavior (but runnable under W2K/XP).
One after one, by the star-dogged Moon,
Too quick for groan or sigh,
Each turned his face with a ghastly pang,
And cursed me with his eye.

-- Samuel T. Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

All the information is available in the file switches.xml, which will be produced by TTDPatch when started with the command line

ttdpatch.exe -!S-S-
The explanatory texts are also included in the default ttpatch.cfg (or any other file name) created by

ttdpatch.exe -!T- -W ttdpatch.cfg
You can probably set the language with a switch too, but I don't know which it is - searching the Wiki... - Yes, here it is: http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... eSelection
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

aahz77 wrote:And two little bugs (or not?) I found with my standard cfg file: The switch wagonspeedlimits was categorized as out of range ("Switches found in the database, which have not verified value. Their values will be set to default."). I use a setting of "0" (zero), whereas your application states that it must be 1..100 or is otherwise turned to default (which is "on", which is interpreted by the Patch as "20"). The Wiki states that is has to be either on, off, or numeric (without defining a range). What is correct now? The "0" setting works fine for me.
For wagonspeedlimits, off is basically no speed limits on the wagons, on makes it use the default value of (20?), and giving it a specific value will make it use that value rather than the default (20?).

I am not familiar with newrvcrash or what values it takes.

~ Lakie
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Lakie wrote:True, that is the exception, since it is a DOS only switch...
What is the antecendent of "it"? Because I'm quite sure newsounds works in both the DOS and Windows versions.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Heh, interesting, I started work on a similar site some years ago as part of the UTTGRv2 - basically, an online configuration system (which could also parse ttdpatch.cfg and attempt to extract information from saved games) which would be tied to saved games on the Repository. I never finished it, of course, but interesting to see there's a similar sort of project going on now.
Pnaky
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: TTDPOC - TTDPatch Online Configurator [beta1]

Post by Pnaky »

Hello guys,
we looking for somebody who know speaking english fluently for some correction in text strings on TTDPOC...

It's anybody there who would like help us with it???

Return to “General TTDPatch”