PBS-Question

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: PBS-Question

Post by DaleStan »

wallyweb wrote:So now the questions are:
1. Why would that platform be considered as unsafe for reversing?
2. Is this a bug or is it intended?
3. What could possibly go wrong now that I have changed the setting? ("Crash" is too simple and not an acceptable answer. Details, please.)
1) Because the train can't find a free path from where it is to where it is going.
2) I tried to mock this up and the train reverses just fine. I think we need to see a save.
3) Train crashes, because unsafe reversing does not re-reserve the tracks under the train.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

DaleStan wrote:2) I tried to mock this up and the train reverses just fine. I think we need to see a save.
2) What is your setting for pathbasedsignalling.allowunsafereverse?

The attached zip contains a save, a newgrf cfg and my ttdpatch.cfg.
As you open the game, you will see a train pulling into the rail yards. Follow that train as It will shortly be going to the platform in question.
Attachments
signal_question.zip
(133.13 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

2) Off.

Well, if I remove the signal, it works, but that ... :idea:

Ah-ha! Once the train is no longer headed to North Citadel, routing restrictions prevent it from finding a route back through the two-way signal. No route means it can't reverse safely. Add an entered-side-of-tile condition.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

DaleStan wrote:2) Off.

Well, if I remove the signal, it works, but that ... :idea:

Ah-ha! Once the train is no longer headed to North Citadel, routing restrictions prevent it from finding a route back through the two-way signal. No route means it can't reverse safely. Add an entered-side-of-tile condition.
Ok ... I added with 'and' an entered side of tile. I tried all four values. Still not working.
EDIT - If I reverse the train manually, it works.
EDIT 2 - If I give the train a second 'Goto North Citadel' order, it reverses, goes to 'load/unload' and then finds its way out.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Or. Not and. "<current condition> or <train is exiting station>" is what you need.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Ah-ha! Once the player listens to DaleStan's learned council and reads his own conditions with a proper understanding, all becomes so logically simple that now everything works as intended with nary a bug in sight. Thank you Sir! :bow:

Now ... do you have any insight into my feederservice question, or am I pushing it? :wink:

Return to “General TTDPatch”