Routing restriction discussion

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Routing restriction discussion

Post by DaleStan »

I'm attempting to use these new routing restrictions in the r925 nightly to reserve some tracks into this station for ore trains.

The three left-most signals into the station (marked) all share the restriction "Total train weight > 500", and the 2000+ ton iron ore trains will quite happily roll right past them. However, so will the marked 433 ton steel train.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Yes, yes, yes, I know. Beating up on the new patch-dev may not be the best idea.

EDIT: Changed title.
Attachments
save&cfgs.rar
(321.63 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
restrict.png
restrict.png (29.62 KiB) Viewed 16452 times
Last edited by DaleStan on 17 Sep 2006 02:47, edited 1 time in total.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Yes I do have the same problem.
Heavier trains than the restrictions setting, seem to prefer to take that perticular signal though.

[edit]The other restrictive settings seem to work as designed, only the weight isn't. Another thing that isn't working correctly is that I can't fill in more than 4 characters for the value. So I can't fill in my horsepower of 19,000, but only up to 1900 [/edit]
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Weight, power and signal status did not work as expeced as I got the numbers mixed up.
Weight was being interpreted as current depot order.
However after fixing this, it turns out that veh2.fullweight is only the weight of the first carriage, not the whole train.
I had already noticed the input window problem. The max length and max num of chars parameters were swapped.
I also need to take into account mph/kph for the max speed criteria. Currently it is in kph.

It will be fixed in the next nightly.
Thanks for taking the time to test it and report the bugs.
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

No thank you for expanding the patch with some nice new features and bugfixes. :D

[bit OT]That said the fixed trainwindow works perfectly, any chance of fixing it for the other vehicle types as well ?[/bit OT]
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

Wtf? Now that looks like a really cool feature, one of the sort that makes me want to start a new game right away. Keep up the good work, this is an excellent addition to the game.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Maybe a dumb question, but how to "activate" this feature in r925? I do have "tracerestrict on" as well as possible other settings (pbs on, signalgui, etc) but I´m unable to find out how to set those "restrictions" in game. I don´t see any differences from before-r925 versions ...

Any advice? (I´m using the DOS version)

regards
Michael
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

If you CTRL-click a signal the signalgui made by eis_os has an extra bar on the bottum : routefinding.

At least it does in the windows version.
Still the best OS around
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

But that only happens if you have experimentalfeatures.signalgui on.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

> if you have experimentalfeatures.signalgui on.

I do. To make sure, I downloaded your ttdpatch.cfg (from .rar above) and it doesn´t make any difference.

> If you CTRL-click a signal the signalgui made by eis_os has an extra bar on the bottum : routefinding.

Mmh, sorry. No.

> At least it does in the windows version.

[edit: my version seems to lack all the needed strings, i.e. no text on that "extra bar" and a "restrictions window" with no text at all (empty). The reason seems to be the lack of language information in the nightlies (I´m using the german version)?]

regards
Nichael
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

You also need 'tracerestrict' on MB.
I'm not sure if it works with the DOS version, will test but it should do. :)

[edit] An option for setting the max speed in mph or km/h would be nice, JGR.

[edit2] I have both switches required set and it works fine here in DOS.
I would sugguest using the setting in options for working out what unit to use, JGR. (mph or km/h) :)

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

JGR wrote:I also need to take into account mph/kph for the max speed criteria. Currently it is in kph.
You just need to use the right text code (84h), then TTD will automatically display it in the player's selected unit.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

> You also need 'tracerestrict' on MB.

As written above, I do have that switch set to "on". To be sure, I even used DaleStan´s ttdpatch.cfg posted here. Result: there is an additional bar on the signal GUI and when clicked, a new rather large window opens but it is all without any text. Plain empty.

regards
Michael
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Ok, with the German DOS version I got a blank bar.
This should be fixed for the next nightly now. :)
All the texts required should be available.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Ok it seems to work now. :D

I noticed a little problem/limitation.
If you restrict a signal on a piece of diagonal track then the piece of track on the same tile is also restricted, even if there is no signal on it.
Still the best OS around
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

A restricted signal on parallel diagonal tracks on a tile no longer restricts the other track as well.
Available in the next nightly.

Thanks for spotting this bug Rob, it never occured to me. :D
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Well I had a major lockup in my network.
I just couldn't miss spotting it. :P
Still the best OS around
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

@JGR

I think this will turn into a very important feature. Congratulations.

I have two questions though, ATM. How does one use those operators (AND, OR, ...) for restrictions? Whenever I have set the first restriction and then click <and> there´s no possibility to enter another restriction, just the possibility to click again <and>, <or> or <xor>?

Second problem is illustrated by the screenshot from my actual game which has a PBS problem with the signal shown. Apparently, a restriction set for that very signal is acting wrong as well because that train has a speed of 100 km/h?

Thanks for the good work done so far.

regards
Michael
Attachments
SCR949.png
SCR949.png (32.45 KiB) Viewed 16210 times
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

michael blunck wrote:@JGR

I think this will turn into a very important feature. Congratulations.

I have two questions though, ATM. How does one use those operators (AND, OR, ...) for restrictions? Whenever I have set the first restriction and then click <and> there´s no possibility to enter another restriction, just the possibility to click again <and>, <or> or <xor>?
You have to click on the litte "-" sign below your first restriction, and then you can select another restriction.
Still the best OS around
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Michael Blunk, could you post your savegame please, so that I can have a closer look at that signal.
Thanks.

Additionally, Rob is right, although you can also click anywhere on that line to select it. This applies to all of the criteria and operators (and/or/xor).

Sooner or later I will get round to doing a thorough documentation on the wiki, but until then...
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Ooh, this looks like a very interesting feature indeed, very good work, JGR. :)

Return to “General TTDPatch”