Nr-TTD

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Nr-TTD

Post by SpComb »

Nr-TTD is an installer for TTD Patch that I made some time ago using batch files. I noticed today that I've never created a topic for it, so here we go, an official topic for it.

Nr-TTD is meant as an installer for TTD Patch, so you can download the zip into a empty folder, run install.bat, and end up with a ttdpatchw.exe that you can run and enjoy the full features of TTD Patch.

Currently (version 0.11), Nr-TTD does the following things:
  • Download and extract TTD
  • Download and extract TTD Patch
  • Download and extract newgrf files, and add them to newgrfw.cfg
  • Download and extract TTDPC
  • Support for HTTP proxies, and able to find the IE settings from the registry
  • Support for mirroring of the nr-ttd files
Nr-TTD downloads all parts induvidually (nr-ttd.zip only contains the code and utilities needed for this, File list, the source tree itself is also available online), and thence does not (to the best of my knowledge) violate TTD Patch's or any newgrf's license. Legal iffyness comes from the fact that it downloads a zip of TTD from my server, but such is life. If you run it on top of an existing TTD install, it will not download TTD itself, it will just use the ones you provide.

So hopefully this topic can raise awareness of nr-ttd and come up with some possible improvements or discussion :)

Possible future ideas (TODO) :
  • Drag 'n Drop .zip or .grf files onto newgrf.bat to install them into newgrf/ and newgrfw.cfg
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

I just wanted to announce that I've done the drag&drop newgrf installation in release 0.13.

The file in question is tools\install_newgrf.bat in the folder that you installed Nr-TTD into. Simply drag&drop a .grf file, a .zip file or a .url file onto it, and it will download, unzip, copy and modify newgrfw.cfg as necessary.

There are a couple ways to use this
  • Drag&drop a link from your web browser onto your desktop or some folder. Rename the resulting file so it doesn't have any spaces in it (e.g. aisdfjoisajdffd is a good name :) ), and then drag&drop that file onto install_newgrf.bat
  • Save the .zip or the .grf file to disk like normal, but then just drag&drop it onto install_newgrf.bat
  • Tell your browser to 'Open With' the .zip or .grf file using install_newgrf.bat. For firefox: Click the download link, select "Open With", choose "Other" from the list, browse to the tools folder, type in install_newgrf.bat into the file name field at the bottom, hit Open and then OK.
Notes of caution:
  • File names may not have spaces in them, due to how silly explorer is with them.
  • It does not do very much error checking, but it should work OK in most conditions.
  • If the .grf file already exists in newgrf\, it will let you overwrite it or skip it.
  • It does NOT check if the file already exists in newgrfw.cfg, and will add it in a second time, regardless.
  • Tell me if you know of a saner way to get urls from a browser to a .bat file
  • The first method (drag&drop link from browser) only works for .zip files currently. It's also too clunky to be worth making it work for both.
This should make installing newgrfs even easier :)
Comments, questions and suggestions are, as always, welcome.
Seraphyn
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Nr-TTD

Post by Seraphyn »

I installed TTD using your install.bat. In order to get the game to operate, I had to use runforcenoreg.bat file. Because when I used the patch to open TTD I got registry error 2 come up. The game opened, but in a small screen. How do I enable full screen operation? :?:
Seraphyn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Seraphyn »

Seraphyn wrote:I installed TTD using your install.bat. In order to get the game to operate, I had to use runforcenoreg.bat file. Because when I used the patch to open TTD I got registry error 2 come up. The game opened, but in a small screen. How do I enable full screen operation? :?:

Ok I found how to increase the actual window size in TTDPC.EXE in the dasic tree and increasing the window to fit my monitor now the problem is that the windows that pop up in the game are very small. Any way to increase the size of those?
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

The in-game windows are the same size they always were. Except the map window; that one likes to grow to consume your screen.

If they've got a resizing handle in the lower-right corner, you can make them bigger.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Seraphyn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Seraphyn »

DaleStan wrote:The in-game windows are the same size they always were. Except the map window; that one likes to grow to consume your screen.

If they've got a resizing handle in the lower-right corner, you can make them bigger.
I think you have misunderstood what I am trying to say. All the window boxes and text are extremly small. I am putting in an image to demonstrate what I am trying to say.

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

No, they are the same size they always were. Count pixels if you don't believe me.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

If you set the configuration switches resolutionheight and resolutionwidth to something smaller than your screen resolution (say 820 x 512) and turn on full screen it should be easier to read the text.
Seraphyn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Seraphyn »

AndersI wrote:If you set the configuration switches resolutionheight and resolutionwidth to something smaller than your screen resolution (say 820 x 512) and turn on full screen it should be easier to read the text.
I tried what you suggested but the max button on the window is greyed out.
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

Correct... that would be 'Maximising' the window and not setting it to 'Full Screen' in the configuration.
You need to double-click the little green fish program (ttconfig) in your TTDP dir and then set to 'full-screen game pointer' or some such to get real 'Full Screen'... then hope you're not using an LCD monitor, as you'll blur all your pixels if you don't have a proper 1:1 mapping of resolutions.
Seraphyn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Seraphyn »

I tried double clicking on the file, nothing happened. To answer your question on my monitor, it is a LCD monitor. I'm wondering if I should just remove all the files and reinstall, or would I still have the same problem?
Seraphyn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Seraphyn »

I got it sorted. I went into the TTDPC.EXE and went under interface and into the windows option and there was a selection there to stretch windows, it was off and I turnt it on and it all come up right. Thank you for your help.

Return to “General TTDPatch”