2.6 nightly/alpha discussion

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: 2.6 nightly/alpha discussion

Post by DaleStan »

I believe that crash, in the IDA, is at 137E7C, in PeriodicProc256Tiles. Somehow the landscape generator seems to have generated a class F tile.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

here is my cfg for the report a few posts back. no newgrfs used at all apart from ttdpbase.grf
Attachments
TTDPATCH.CFG
(34.67 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

DaleStan wrote:I believe that crash, in the IDA, is at 137E7C, in PeriodicProc256Tiles. Somehow the landscape generator seems to have generated a class F tile.
Hmm, or some other patch overwrites memory it shouldn't. I do think that happens on the windows version too...
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

wallyweb wrote:
changes.log wrote:r1967, DaleStan: With newindustries on, allow up to 250 industries on the map.
Any chance of getting this parameterized to allow for selecting values less than 250? This would be helpfull for those of us who like to play with making scenarios in the sandbox. A line in the patch configuration file would do nicely.
r2061 changelog.txt wrote: DaleStan: New switch, moreindustries, to control how many industries may be built by the random generator.
:bow: :bow:
:D

EDIT 1
Oops (maybe?):
It would seem we now have two (yes, 2) moreindustries switches:

Code: Select all

// `morebuildoptions' (-YB) enables more build options.
morebuildoptions.moreindustries on                // allow more than one industry of the same type
and

Code: Select all

// `moreindustries' (-Xj) increases the maximum number of industries on the map
moreindustries 140
I have not tested yet so I don't know if there is any conflict.

EDIT 2
Can this switch also be used to reduce the maximum number of industries on the map (e.g. moreindustries 20), or is there a built in minimum (90?)?
EDIT 2 v0.1.0.0.0 Alpha
I found my answer in the manual
Seeing as 90 is the minimum, is it possible to enhance the switch to reduce this value? It would make for some interesting challenges. :wink:
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

I tried updating to r2069 and I still get the crash. I was wondering if anything had been done or if I needed to or could do something to help in fixing it.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

wallyweb wrote:It would seem we now have two (yes, 2) moreindustries switches:
<...>
I guess we do. They do two different things, though.
wallyweb wrote:Can this switch also be used to reduce the maximum number of industries on the map (e.g. moreindustries 20), or is there a built in minimum (90?)?
It can, but I'm somewhat leery, as there can be up to 37 industry types, and I don't know what would happens if the slot limit is lower than the industry count. Also, the new-game generator (which may not limited by moreindustries) can, IIRC, generate up to 70 industries, and having a game start with more industries than moreindustries says is "possible" would be excellent bug-report fodder.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

DaleStan wrote:
wallyweb wrote:It would seem we now have two (yes, 2) moreindustries switches:
<...>
I guess we do. They do two different things, though.
OK ... so no conflicts then. We might want to be careful as to which one we tell the new players to turn on though.
DaleStan wrote:
wallyweb wrote:Can this switch also be used to reduce the maximum number of industries on the map (e.g. moreindustries 20), or is there a built in minimum (90?)?
It can, but I'm somewhat leery, as there can be up to 37 industry types, and I don't know what would happens if the slot limit is lower than the industry count. Also, the new-game generator (which may not limited by moreindustries) can, IIRC, generate up to 70 industries, and having a game start with more industries than moreindustries says is "possible" would be excellent bug-report fodder.
Not to mention nuclear winters and stable black holes in our cyclotrons :lol: ... I'll remove this one from my "want" list. :mrgreen:
:bow:
pETe!
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pETe! »

I think have detected a small bug in the latest nightly:
When I try to demolish a road in a city with a (very) bad company-rating, I have to pay for it, but the road will not be removed. (Screen 1)
After bribing the authority i can remove the road. (Screen 2).

I have tried it with a fresh, ttdpatch-generated config, too, but I have get the same effect.
Attachments
Screen 1
Screen 1
SCR3.png (81.1 KiB) Viewed 15065 times
Screen 2
Screen 2
SCR4.png (82.72 KiB) Viewed 15067 times
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

If trams is on, turn it off. If trams is off, turn it on. In either case, repeat the test and report back.
pETe!
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pETe! »

With trams off it works normal:
With bad company rating I get the message that the local authority forbid me the demolition and no money is to pay.

BTW: What is about the stuck vehicles in the bus terminals? Some day ago someone said, he need a savegame before a bus get stucked.
I have a save game <3 jears before, does this helps to?
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Where do i get the latest version of TTDP?
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Bennythen00b wrote:Where do i get the latest version of TTDP?
By TTDP I assume you mean TTDPatch ...
First go here. Bookmark or add that page to your favorites ... You will be visiting it often.
On that page you can get TTDPatch 2.0 rev 1 but there are newer beta and alpha versions witch are required for many of the newer graphic sets.
In the menu on the left select Source Code to go to a page where you will be able to get 2.5 beta 9.
But, there's more :wink:
On the bleeding edge we have the alphas (2.6 alpha rxxxx) which are made available as nightlies. On that same page look for the link to nightly.ttdpatch.net
Enjoy! :D
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Yay, thanks! :D

But how do I build on tunnel entrances, get programmable signals and that stuff? (If this counts as Off Topic, tell me.)

Edit: I found out how, I need to edit the ttdpatch.cfg.

Thanks again wallyweb! :)

Edit2: But i still dont know about those programmable signals and waypoints, and i couldnt find anything on google or here on the forums. How do i activate/build them?
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

pETe! wrote:I think have detected a small bug in the latest nightly:
When I try to demolish a road in a city with a (very) bad company-rating, I have to pay for it, but the road will not be removed.
This should be fixed in 2078.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Bennythen00b wrote: Edit2: But i still dont know about those programmable signals and waypoints, and i couldnt find anything on google or here on the forums. How do i activate/build them?
Everything can be found by using the forum´s search function, visiting the TTDPatch manual, or asking google.

E.g.,

TTDPatch Manual: Signalling: http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php?page=Signalling
Path-Based-Signalling: http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... Signalling
Routing Restrictions: http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... ions:Alpha
Programmable Signals: http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... nals:Alpha
Through Signals: http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... nals:Alpha
Invertible Signals: http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... nals:Alpha

Uwe´s Signalling Guide: http://uwe.s2000.ws/ttdx/
Signalling: http://uwe.s2000.ws/ttdx/signal/index.php?lang=en

HTH
regards
Michael
pETe!
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pETe! »

Through Signals: http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... nals:Alpha
Invertible Signals: http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... nals:Alpha
BTW: Why are these options not created automatical by the writecfg option?
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

If you're using a recent enough nightly, they are. Upgrade and look again.
Circeus
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Circeus »

DaleStan wrote:If you're using a recent enough nightly, they are. Upgrade and look again.
Actually, I've been unable to get the cfg to upgrade without deleting it since I upgraded sometime in October.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

If writecfg is not working, I need a demonstration. The config before you start TTDPatch, the exact command line used to start TTDPatch, and the config after you exit TTDPatch.

I also need to know how the second config file differs from what you expected to see.
Circeus
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Circeus »

DaleStan wrote:If writecfg is not working, I need a demonstration. The config before you start TTDPatch, the exact command line used to start TTDPatch, and the config after you exit TTDPatch.

I also need to know how the second config file differs from what you expected to see.
Turns out it was me misremembering the update being made automatically without requiring an extra command. :oops:

Return to “General TTDPatch”