TTDPC: New configuration program - Version 1.3.1 Released

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

TTDPC: New configuration program - Version 1.3.1 Released

Post by AndersI »

stevenh wrote:Who here puts their hand up for creating a new configuration app?
Actually, I have been working on such an app for a while, scanning the 'switches.xml' file to get the type, values, description etc. for the switches. It has now reach beta test status.

Attached is a screenshot, and a .zip file with the current version of the program. It is reading 'switches.xml' and 'ttdpatch.cfg' and presents it in a categorized tree. There is also the possibility to change the values of switches, and you can save the modified result as 'ttdpach.cfg'. The old config will be renamed to 'ttdpatch.cfg.0000' etc. so you should never lose anything.

If you find this interesting, please install it in your TTD folder and test it on your configuration file and tell me about problems with it (accompanied with your config file).

The (Delphi 5) source is also available for anyone interested.

History:
2006-07-31 Version 1.0
2006-08-13 Version 1.1.2
????-??-?? Version 1.2.?
2009-10-23 Version 1.3.0 Fixed reading of JGR:s new switches (handles 'base' directive)
2009-10-25 Version 1.3.1 Backwards compatibility with TTDPatch < r2250
2009-11-06 Version 1.3.1 For real! I don't understand what happened with the previous zip file !?
Attachments
TTDPC_1.0.png
TTDPC_1.0.png (18.12 KiB) Viewed 24785 times
ttdpc_source_131.10.zip
(41.59 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
Ttdpc131.10.zip
(366.43 KiB) Downloaded 707 times
Last edited by AndersI on 06 Nov 2009 20:06, edited 22 times in total.
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

looks nice...
downloading...
installing...
starting...
umm... how do you start it (working) you just get the old
ttdc microsoft error wrote:ttdpc.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
huh??
Last edited by m3henry on 22 Jul 2006 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

m3henry wrote:umm... how do you start it (working) you just get the old
ttdc microsoft error wrote:ttdpc.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
huh??
I'll give you the traditional answer: "It works for me" :-)

So, what's the difference between your installation and mine? I use Win XP Home SP2, what do you have?

For the moment, ttdpc must be installed in the folder where you have ttdpatch, there must exist the files 'ttdpatch.cfg', 'ttdpatchw.exe', and your version of ttdpatch must be able to produce the 'switches.xml' (I don't know which version introduced that).

Other than that, I don't have a clue. Maybe you can pm me your 'ttdpatch.cfg'?
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Im afraid i get the same error,
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

xp home sp2
i use 2.5 beta 7
captain: your best non working birthday present ever (until its fixed)
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
(3.17 KiB) Downloaded 717 times
Last edited by m3henry on 22 Jul 2006 11:13, edited 2 times in total.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

m3henry wrote: captin: your best non working birthday preszent ever (until its fixed)
O yes!

My Config
TTDPatch 2.5beta7
CFG attached
Windows XP Professional / Ubuntu Linux using Wine
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
(3.13 KiB) Downloaded 643 times
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

OK, both of your configs work for me, there must be something else missing. Are there no details in the error message you get from Windows?

Edit: All right, I've found a dependency on a file in a specific place, that's probably the problem you're experiencing. Please download again from the link in the first post and try again.
Last edited by AndersI on 22 Jul 2006 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

eer.. not sure, but itg could be the huge amount of info it wants to send to ms
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

No error message just the standard WIN XP error message
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Please try the updated download in the first post. I've corrected a little problem.
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

When I try the latest version, downloaded no more then 2 minutes ago, it tries to open ttdpatch_258.cfg instead of ttfpatch.cfg.
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Rob wrote:When I try the latest version, downloaded no more then 2 minutes ago, it tries to open ttdpatch_258.cfg instead of ttfpatch.cfg.
Aaaarrrggghhh! That's my punishment for doing quick tests by hacking the code :-(

Version 0.21 is now uploaded to the first post. Sorry for the inconvenience!
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

captain, Dave & I wrote:WOOOOOOOO!!
captain: its now your best working present ever!

Dave: IT IS possible for you to use something other than manual text now! :shock:
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

When using the mouswheel while browsing through my config, all works nicely except while being over the mousewheel switch.
Then I get an error message : No argument for format '%d'
Clicking ok and the programm goes on, but while being on the mousewheel settings it returns until I have passed it.

I also get that same error message when trying to save my config.
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Rob wrote:When using the mouswheel while browsing through my config, all works nicely except while being over the mousewheel switch.
Then I get an error message : No argument for format '%d'
Can I have your 'ttdpatch.cfg' and 'switches.xml', please (pm, to keep the thread uncluttered)? As far as I could see, the xml generated by ttdpatch is malformed for this switch, and I tried to work around that, but naturally, that only works for exactly the same files that I have tested it on :-(

Edit: OK, after looking at Rob's files, I realize that my workaround only works for English. I'll have to do something completely different (or wait for Patchman to fix the XML output of ttdpatch). Stay tuned...

Edit2: New version (0.2.2.1) in first post. This workaround should be (keep your fingers crossed) language independant.
Last edited by AndersI on 22 Jul 2006 16:08, edited 2 times in total.
Dave

Post by Dave »

/me Stares at AndersI

SOMEBODY BUY THIS DUDE A BEER!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

m3henry wrote:
captain, Dave & I wrote:WOOOOOOOO!!
captain: its now your best working present ever!
YES!

THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!!!!
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Very nice tool, I like it a lot already. But still, some suggestions...

For bit switches, you should provide a way to switch the entire switch off (and maybe on). Setting all bits to off does not turn off the switch (important e.g. for "mousewheel" and especially "newsounds").

With a bit switch expanded, when I go to the bit switch and press "left" on the keyboard, the focus goes to the top of the list, that's a bit irritating.

Tooltips would be nice for the toolbar buttons, and/or text below the buttons. Personally I'd prefer an actual menu though because it can be used without the mouse. Or maybe just add hotkeys for the buttons.

The mouse wheel moves the focus to the next entry to the list, instead of scrolling the list itself by the amount set in the OS settings (half a screen in my case).

I have no idea what the input box on the toolbar is for, it doesn't allow any input...

It'd be nice to have Alt keys for the switch values and search box, e.g. alt-n = On, alt-f = Off, alt-v = Switch value, alt-s = Search string, and also the "Update" button.

I think "First/Next" should be "Search/Again".
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Patchman wrote:For bit switches, you should provide a way to switch the entire switch off (and maybe on). Setting all bits to off does not turn off the switch (important e.g. for "mousewheel" and especially "newsounds").
Basic functionality failure. Will be fixed.

Edit: Can you elaborate on the results of the following five cases:

bitsw = OFF

bitsw = OFF
bitsw.bit = ON

bitsw = ON

bitsw = ON
bitsw.bit = ON

//bitsw is neither OFF nor ON
bitsw.bit = ON

With a bit switch expanded, when I go to the bit switch and press "left" on the keyboard, the focus goes to the top of the list, that's a bit irritating.
OK, gone back to the original key handling of the treeview - '+' and '-' for expanding/collapsing, arrow keys for navigation only (although I really liked to use right arrow to drill down). In fact, I think I'll have to revamp the whole treeview to get the GUI functionality that I want (bold styles, colors, double click for toggling, right click menus, etc) but that will have to wait until basic functionality is finished/accepted, as all the other eye-candy suggestions you have made. Don't worry, they have been noted.
I have no idea what the input box on the toolbar is for, it doesn't allow any input...
It showed (shew?) the version number when the program was still reading swtchlst.txt (yep, it has been brewing for a long time...), will do the same again when I fix it.
Last edited by AndersI on 22 Jul 2006 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Just for your own reference... "Shew" isn't a word. It was indeed the first one you put - showed.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...

Return to “General TTDPatch”