TTDPC: New configuration program - Version 1.3.1 Released

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Re:

Post by wallyweb »

Thanks athanasios. Good thoughts all! :D I have a 300 MHZ PIII, so drive size isn't a problem.
athanasios wrote:Buy a new HD! :idea:
Sure ... I bought my 10GB drive four years ago for CDN$20 at a garage sale. I've been broke ever since. :(
If you use WindowsME and earlier try my batch file from my web page. :wink:
Win98SE(fully patched)OEM. The only batch file I can see is the one for Dune ... is that the one you mean?
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TTDPC: New configuration program - Version 1.1.2 Released

Post by athanasios »

For those interested here are my batch files for DOS and Windows. Hope they will serve as a guide of how to play with multiple configurations. Manual work, and a lot, to update the configuration files, but reliable. :wink:
Attachments
ttdmenu.zip
(1.68 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

That looks very useful...

I had implemented something slightly different, but with similar aims.
I had previously (re)written a shell extension which works by full path-name PCRE, instead of just by extension, and so I just added a submenu with open config with TTDP commands for any file matching *ttdpatch*.cfg in my TTD install directory.
This is easier if I download and need to run anybody else's config (eg. for debugging).

So I thought I'd post it here too...

You'll need to change the paths, move the batch file to your TTDP directory and register the shell extension using reg.bat to use it.

Note: that because explorer shell extensions are all-but-impossible using non-COM compilers/frameworks (read MSVCC with all the crud enabled), it depends on MFC80.dll and MSVCR80.dll
If you can't find them, contact me...
Attachments
jctx_menu_Export.zip
(108.98 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

JGR wrote:Note: that because explorer shell extensions are all-but-impossible using non-COM compilers/frameworks ...
I'll just say: Delphi! You can write anything you want (as long as you want to write in a Pascal-ish programming language), get it compiled to real machine code and have it all packed in a single .exe (you can use DLL hell distribution of Delphi programs if you really want to, but why???)

Turbo Delphi 2006 Explorer is still completely free, free to use even for commercial applications.
http://www.turboexplorer.com/

(I'll comment on your shell extension later when I have checked it out - care to share the source?)
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Normally I would use MinGW gcc, or BCC for some single-file programs.
But neither of those will write the COM bloat for you, so I had to (I'm running out of decent C-compilers) use MSVCC.
I don't know pascal and am frankly not interested in learning it (I'm not looking at a CS related future...), so Delphi is a bit of a non-starter for me.

As for DLL hell, as the DLL was originally destined for my computer only, I just used the first build settings which worked...
I daresay I could get it static linked if I jumped through enough hoops but I simply can't be bothered :/

As for source it is shamelessly and openly a modified boilerplate shell-extension example, which is based on an even more boiled down example piece from M$ themselves...
Almost all of my additions are in the additional file, the appropriately named Jadded.cpp
The original source is included.

JGR
Attachments
jctx_menu_source.zip
(80.25 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TTDPC: New configuration program - Version 1.3.0 Released

Post by AndersI »

New version! See first post.

JGR introduced some new switches which broke TTDPC, so it (TTDPC) has been updated to handle them.
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

I'm not certain where the cause lies for this problem.
Running via Wine on Ubuntu, I have TTDP r2236, and I've downloaded the freshly released TTDPC.
TTDP runs normally, but TTDPC, when placed in the same folder as ttdpatchw.exe and switches.xml, Wine tries to start it, then exits telling me it cannot find or read ttdpatch.cfg, which is plainly there in front of it.
It doesn't seem to be a bad ttdpatch.cfg, since TTDP runs normally using it.
Any advice?

Edit: I also opened the ttdpc.ini in notepad that it created, and manually entered the TTD folder (c:\ttd-win) which seems to have had no effect.
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Which version number are you seeing in TTDPC? Your description sounds exactly as it was for me before I fixed TTDPC.

Of course, it may be that the new TTDPC only works with data from the newer nightlies (r 2250 and newer). Could you send me your ttdpatch.cfg and switches.xml, so I can test on your data?

The switch

Code: Select all

cdstcargoclassgentype 33333333333
is what broke the old TTDPC. You can try changing that one by hand temporarily.

Edit: Just tested the new TTDPC on TTDPatch 2.5 Beta 9, and that combination works for me, so it's not a general problem of reading older configs. I definitely need your data to check where the error is.
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

TTDPC doesn't show any version number, it just gives me a dialog telling me it can't find ttdpatch.cfg, and in the titlebar it just reads "ttdpc", nothing else.
switches.xml and ttdpatch.cfg attached. the ttdpatch.cfg, before now, I've always edited by hand using gedit and the TTDPatch wiki to find out what the valid options are.
If I have to update to a newer nightly, then I will, I don't really update it often.

Edit: Almost forgot. The TTDPC I downloaded, I downloaded not long after you first mentioned about it.
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
(31.57 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
switches.xml
(58.79 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

You can right-click ttdpc.exe in Explorer, select Properties, tab Version to see which version it is.

If you downloaded before 24 Oct, or directly from http://www.ttdpatch.net/tools.html you have an old version (before 1.3.0) and need to get the latest from the first post in this thread. Unfortunately, I cannot update the file at ttdpatch.net.

Will test your config later (probably not before Monday).
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

It's definatly the current version. I redownloaded, and it matched.
(And FYI, via Wine, there isn't a properties thing I can get that shows it, at least not that I've found yet)
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TTDPC: New configuration program - Version 1.3.1 Released

Post by AndersI »

OK, version 1.3.1 available in first post. Now it should be much more backwards compatible with TTDPatch versions < r2250 (I hope!)
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

Got it working with that, thanks a lot... I don't play TTDP often, but it does still have some things OTTD doesn't - like custom bridge heads
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

I agree, I still need to fix my vista installation of TTDP
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

I have updated the program zip file in the first post - for some reason it didn't contain the latest version (1.3.1.10).
furdude6
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by furdude6 »

I downloaded your configurator... and it doesn't like something with nightlies of late, it made the xml file but it left off the information about the transparency options :( and it won't run because of it, please help. (I'll send xml file if you need it.)
TTDX Nothin better...Nuff said!!...Need any other entertainment visit http://furdude2.proboards43.com/index.cgi an see if anyone has any of this interests as well.
I got a IRC channel too!! go to Quakenet then go to #furdude2
(Visit http://www.cafepress.com/leaveamessage for some fun items!!)
Visit http://myinterpagedesigninc.com/InterpageDesignINC.htm if you need a Site for a guild(any game will do) or a regular site. Visit http://sharecash.org/download.php?file=359761 to get my FAQ!
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Yes, please send me the XML. I can't promise when I'll have time to look into it - this weekend I will drive to another town to look at a large modular model railway exhibition, and in the weeks reality takes priority. But I will look into it!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TTDPC: New configuration program - Version 1.3.1 Release

Post by wallyweb »

@AndersI: There seems to be a problem between switches.xml and Windows7. Two incidents are described here.

EDIT: orudge's TTDX download is bundled with v 1.2.0 ... downloading v 1.3.1.10 seems to have fixed the issue.
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Do I understand it correctly as "There is no problem, only an old download at the tools page"? Or is there something I should do?
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

AndersI wrote:Do I understand it correctly as "There is no problem, only an old download at the tools page"?
Not at the tools page ... oruge's TTDX download has an old version bundled with the zip.
Or is there something I should do?
Slap orudge with a trout or prod him with a stick. :wink:

Return to “General TTDPatch”