TTDPC: New configuration program - Version 1.3.1 Released

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Stupid question: where can I find this xml file ? Is it on the patch site or does my ttdpatchw program write it ?
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

You can let TTDPatch write that file with a debug switch. (ttdpatchw.exe - S- to be precise)

Or you can run AndersIs program and it wil write it for you.
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Thanks, found it now, that looks readable to me, if I could program on pc's I would have taken it on myself to write such a configurator, must be fun
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

New version (0.3.2.1) uploaded (First post).

@DaleStan: I belive I have now fixed your remaining items (3, 4, 9, 11, 14, 16).

Reading: A zero which is out of range will be interpreted as OFF.

GUI: Turning a whole bitswitch OFF clears the individual bits, turning it ON sets all unset bits to default. Setting a single bit turns the main switch ON and sets all unset bits to default.

Saving: A bitswitch will be saved as:

bitsw OFF
or
bitsw ON
or
bitsw.bitA ...
bitsw.bitB ...

depending on what you have changed.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

I like how it works now, although I must say that the mousewheel handling is rather irritating. I never noticed how much I actually use the mousewheel until I used this app where it just does not behave as it should.

Have you checked if there's maybe an option to turn off this Borlandism? Possibly just preventing it from handling the wheel messages and passing them on to the default window handler should do the trick, if that's possible.

[edit]
The "undo" button is a bit strange. When you undo a single bit setting, the bit should go to the previous value, not the unset state. Also when I click on a different switch and then come back, I can't undo that change anymore.

I guess you should keep the "original" state of each setting, not just for the current one, and show the "undo" button if it's been changed.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

New version (0.3.3.1) uploaded (First post).
Patchman wrote:I must say that the mousewheel handling is rather irritating ... The "undo" button is a bit strange.
I belive I have fixed those two problems now. PLMK if the mouse wheel behaves as expected everywhere inside the program.

'Undo' now restores the original value, the button is activated each time you select a switch that has been changed since the config was loaded.
MJS
Director
Director

Post by MJS »

The 'undefined switches' that are left over from TTDXC can not be removed from the cfg file from inside this nice new programme, can they? I mean, I'll just remove them by hand, and I assume the next time any switch becomes obsolete they will be removed automatically, but still...
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

AndersI wrote:New version (0.3.3.1) uploaded (First post).
Patchman wrote:I must say that the mousewheel handling is rather irritating ... The "undo" button is a bit strange.
I belive I have fixed those two problems now. PLMK if the mouse wheel behaves as expected everywhere inside the program.

'Undo' now restores the original value, the button is activated each time you select a switch that has been changed since the config was loaded.
Yes, it's perfect now. I have no more complaints :mrgreen:
Josef Drexler

No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Patchman wrote:Yes, it's perfect now. I have no more complaints :mrgreen:
And the same here. Good work.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

AndersI, if you would like to put the source on the patch subversion repository let me know and I'll give you developer access. Alternatively send me the files and I can put it there.
Josef Drexler

AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Patchman wrote:Yes, it's perfect now. I have no more complaints :mrgreen:
:oops: Gosh - Patchman says it's perfect - and I wasn't even finished with it :-)

Version 1.0 is now released (first post), .exe file + Delphi 5.0 source. New for this version is:

- Saves the new config as 'ttdpatch.cfg', but don't worry...
- Renames the previous config to 'ttdpatch.cfg.0000' and so on, so you should never lose anything just by running the program (OK, I can't guarantee what happens when you have 10000 old configs...).
- Allows translation of the program GUI to other languages. Default is English, and Swedish is also included in the zip archive. It uses gnugettext (or rather the Delphi incarnation: dxgettext), so new translations are produced with poedit (google for it if you need it, I don't remember the link right now).

Yes, I'd be happy if you (Patchman) put up the sources in a suitable place (and give me developer access, although I may let this project sleep for a while now if no serious bugs are found). The .exe may of course also be put in suitable places, there are no distribution restrictions.

Play with it, stress it, and let's find the remaining bugs fast!
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Oh, one thing maybe: if there is no command line switch, you should perhaps write "no command line switch" or similar in the parenthesis of the switch description, instead of having it as "()".
Josef Drexler

AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

New version (1.1.2.0) in first post, just two minor changes:

- '(no command line switch)' shown instead of '()'
- Using DEFAULT_CHARSET instead of ANSI_CHARSET (maybe this helps with non-latin languages showing the help texts wrong, I'm not sure)
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

now that youve practically fished TTPC, you could have a shot at GRFC (grf configurator) because there is nothing other than TTDXC to do it for me (yes, I do know about hand editing(shadow's program is NOT availible for download (download link doesnt work))) so if you want, have a go please :)

M3HWW
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
nicfer
Director
Director

Post by nicfer »

Well my TTDPC is borked

Joke! :lol:. Bah, really my TTDPC isn't working, it gives an 'File "ttdpatch.cfg" can not be found or read' even if I putted the program in my TTDPatch folder it doesn't find it, I attach ttdpatch.cfg and say that this is the same error that Captain 'borked' Kirk gets, as he tell me on MSN.
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
(36.81 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
Sorry for my english I am argentinian
TTO don't crashes in Windows XP; XP crashes TTO

Formerly known as UnderBuilder.

MyMiniCity
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

UnderBuilder wrote:Well my TTDPC is borked
pmsl
UnderBuilder wrote: I attach ttdpatch.cfg and say that this is the same error that Captain 'borked' Kirk gets, as he tell me on MSN.
Yup
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

UnderBuilder wrote:really my TTDPC isn't working, it gives an 'File "ttdpatch.cfg" can not be found or read' even if I putted the program in my TTDPatch folder it doesn't find it, I attach ttdpatch.cfg
Could you attach the 'switches.xml' file too? Which version of the patch are you running?
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

UnderBuilder wrote:Well my TTDPC is borked
Thanks for the info. I have located the bug in TTDPC - it barfs on the line

Code: Select all

newgrfcfg newgrfw.cfg
as a side effect of a previous bug fix :-)

This line is in your case quite unnecessary, so for the time being, you can change it to

Code: Select all

// newgrfcfg newgrfw.cfg
and TTDPC will work.

I will release a new version ASAP, but real life will probably hold it back until (at least) the weekend.

Edit: Aw, heck - who needs sleep? Here's the corrected version (1.2.0)
Attachments
Ttdpc1200.zip
Version 1.2.0.0
(344.24 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

well, there we go, bug fixed....

*goes back to TTDXC*
No offence to TTDPC like, it just seems...Basic?
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Scautura
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Scautura »

Sometimes basic is good... At least bitswitches work properly and I don't have to fight the software to get them to work...

As a suggestion... When upgrading TTDP (not TTDPC), does it give a list of "new switches" to that version that can (for example) be bolded within TTDPC? Or a comparison be made to the "current" ttdpatch.cfg and the same be done? It would be nice to have them pulled out in a separate folder that is temporary called "New to n1044" (or similar) the first time it's run, but I figured that might be a bit more complex... For now, I have a tendency to update the config, then run b8, just to work out which switches are changed.

Scautura
Duct tape is like the Force - it has a Dark side, a Light side, and it holds the universe together.

Return to “General TTDPatch”