TTDPC: New configuration program - Version 1.3.1 Released

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TTDPC: New configuration program - Version 1.3.1 Release

Post by AndersI »

wallyweb wrote:oruge's TTDX download has an old version bundled with the zip
Link?

I think I have some sticks here at least. Trout are not that easy to find.
:-)
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

AndersI wrote:Link?
Forum link is here and it points to here 8)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Hmm, I can see what I can do. I may at least put a note up about it. Generally, my preference is to steer people towards OpenTTD these days, anyway - I still get a stupid number of "I can't get TTD to work, it asks me for the CD" messages. Maybe I should just remove the downloads entirely and force people towards OpenTTD. :twisted:
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

orudge wrote:Hmm, I can see what I can do. I may at least put a note up about it. Generally, my preference is to steer people towards OpenTTD these days, anyway ...
And here I was thinking that SROTU's were supposed to be neutral and above all things mortal ... :roll:
... I still get a stupid number of "I can't get TTD to work, it asks me for the CD" messages.
tells me that there are still a stupid number of newcomers that are attracted to TTD ... 8)
Maybe I should just remove the downloads entirely and force people towards OpenTTD. :twisted:
The last time that line was used, thirteen colonies dumped a lot of tea into Boston Harbour. :twisted:
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

wallyweb wrote:
orudge wrote:Hmm, I can see what I can do. I may at least put a note up about it. Generally, my preference is to steer people towards OpenTTD these days, anyway ...
And here I was thinking that SROTU's were supposed to be neutral and above all things mortal ... :roll:
orudge wrote:Maybe I should just remove the downloads entirely and force people towards OpenTTD. :twisted:
The last time that line was used, thirteen colonies dumped a lot of tea into Boston Harbour. :twisted:
Who do you think wrecked the TTDPatch Wiki pages?

regards
Michael
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

wallyweb wrote:
No, just fed up of stupid questions. Despite mentioning exactly how to get TTDPatch to work, people still seem to fail to be able to read and get it to work. But also, having TTD for download is questionable at best, illegal at worst. OpenTTD is, theoretically, fine. I only put TTD up in the first place because I was fed up of questions asking me where to find it. :P

I may alter my pages to at least emphasise OpenTTD, making the TTD downloads less visible. I still link to TTDPatch on my site, and mention it extensively, of course. The fact is, though, that for a new user, it is much, much easier for them to get OpenTTD to work on a wide variety of systems, and it's ultimately easier for them to use. Those who feel adventurous can go and try TTDPatch, though, and me altering my downloads page wouldn't stop that.

Return to “General TTDPatch”