Trams! (Work In Progress)

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

stevenh wrote: Roboboy... this is a MEGARAIL issue... I never want to hear of such bugs from megarail again....
Have I missed something? Tried a search on the subject, but all I could find "megarail-related" was a scenario someone apparently made. Still, I have a feeling this is about something else...
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

SAC wrote:Have I missed something? Tried a search on the subject, but all I could find "megarail-related" was a scenario someone apparently made. Still, I have a feeling this is about something else...
Megarail is one of the default TTD scenarios. Apparently it was created with a wonky build of TTD or something because it produces a lot of weird bugs when patches are applied to it.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Oh, okey! Never played that, but having that scenario in the TTDLX folder makes these bugs to appear also on other maps?
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

ok sorry ill check anyway outside of megarail just incase though.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
dfai
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dfai »

Hi, I'm a long-time fan of TT, who has just downloaded the game again and enjoyed playing it. I would love to get the tram patch up and going, but forthe life of me I can't seem to get the tram option working. Can someone explain to me exactly how to go about this (if necessary I'm willing to delete the game and then re-download it). I'm nont particularly tech-savvy so you'll have to treat me as if you're talking to a two-year-old.
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Download latest TTD Patch here:
http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/
Download tram tracks here:
http://www.ttdpatch.net/newgrf.html
Download some of tram sets.
Enable trams in ttdpatch.cfg and tram set and tram tracks in newgrf.cfg.
Maybe it's easier to use TTDX Configurator for enabling switches and graphics:
http://www.divxland.org/ttd/
For additional informations you can look here:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=21630
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
MJS
Director
Director

Post by MJS »

I remember towns used to build bits of tram tracks on their own, possibly when the user still had tram building selected instead of road building. I thought that bug had been fixed, and I think I hadn't seen it occurring for some time. However, this I saw the other day (nightly, 612):
Attachments
SCR47.png
SCR47.png (63.18 KiB) Viewed 16892 times
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Actually, I think this happens when you build a new tram stop somewhere, it just places a piece of track somewhere else as well. I had seen it sometimes as well, but I'm never able to reproduce it for whatever reason...
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Well if steven_h has still code in it that screws the tile pointer to stop certain functions to work, that would be no wonder...
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Steven, it gives a fragment error if you have enhancegui off, maybe you should check if there is a dependancy there?

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
ufoun
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ufoun »

I want to ask you a question: is possible to change graphic image of undercoat and depot building icons in tram depot? These parts are not included in tramtrkw.grf or in ttdpbasew.grf.

I'm sorry for probably bad terminology and also bad english.
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

ufoun wrote:I want to ask you a question: is possible to change graphic image of undercoat and depot building icons in tram depot?
Yes, in fact they are in tramtrkw.grf.
Use grfcodec to decode the GRF and then change the PCX file to your sprites.
Once this is done, re-encode the GRF with grfcodec and you'll have your new Tram Depots.

Ugh... and since they're in tramtrkw.grf, they're now in ttdpbase.grf.

edit: this is a confirmation that they are in the current ttdpbasew.grf. They're just not that different from the standard RV depots... though the base tile has the tramtracks on it.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

stevenh wrote:Yes, in fact they are in tramtrkw.grf.
Sorry to contradict you steven, but I think he's talking about in the menu - the tram depot build window uses the default RV depot sprites, not the tram action 5 depot ones.

Patchman, if you read this, can you please update the ttdpbase.grf on the website with these ones: DOS | WIN
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

PikkaBird wrote:Patchman, if you read this, can you please update the ttdpbase.grf on the website with these ones: DOS | WIN
Done
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

PikkaBird wrote:the tram depot build window uses the default RV depot sprites, not the tram action 5 depot ones.
Is that on the list to be fixed, or not possible?
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

Possible... I just need to get around to it... Now on the list of priorities for 2.5

update: This has now been coded and is in the latest nightly.
This update will probably go unnoticed too since I prefer to update posts and not post new messages.... anyway... you'll see the results of my coding soon enough... :twisted:
ufoun
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ufoun »

Thanks for your interest.
Lachris
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lachris »

Hi dev team :D
I found this when I played. I don't know if its a BUG, but when a Tram train arrives at a new station, the newspaper says "Citizens celebrate...First bus arrives at XXXX"

Don't know if this have been corrected..

I use r1022

Over and out
-Lachris

P.S diddn´t know if I should have posted it here, or in the problem section, sorry :oops:
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

its not a bug, TTD newspapers think its a bus because it goes to a passenger, aka BUS, stop
it would be a lorryn if it went to a freight, aka LORRY, stop :)
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

Available from r1114 and higher...
Attachments
firsttram.png
firsttram.png (19.61 KiB) Viewed 14969 times

Return to “General TTDPatch”