I created a new train grf file, the DM'90 Buffel

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

spacy
Engineer
Engineer

I created a new train grf file, the DM'90 Buffel

Post by spacy »

Today i maded the grf for this engine,

updated/edit (26 dec 2002)
link to download the grf file (windows version):
http://members.home.nl/rolandj/ttd/

you need the newest patches with the new vehicles switches to use it as it supposed to be working ;)

Michael Blunck thanx for the help!!

the train will replace a toyland loc, and will be availabe in all the 4 climates

Here in the Netherlands its our modern diesel passenger train which tranport the passengers instead of busses in the regios without electrical railway

so there arent exactly 140 seats in it, but we have a dumb first class which takes to much room, and some others are standing in a sort of 3th? class.
the total of sitting passengers it can transport are 135 but it has 14 extra standing places, so thats why i tooked 140 as total

the info came from this sites:
http://www.nedrail1435.nl/paginas/gegevens.htm (look at "technische gegevens")
http://mercurio.iet.unipi.it/ns/nsr_3400.html

the things which i cant get working so i didnt implemented/changed are:
(action 0 trains props) 04 (lifetime) 0D (runcost factor) 0E (runcost base) 17 (cost factor)
Attachments
dm90.jpg
dm90.jpg (34.24 KiB) Viewed 31123 times
Last edited by spacy on 27 Dec 2002 01:45, edited 6 times in total.
NS Trains for patched TTDX -- Fears no Evil ---- Get A Real Life
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Cool, I don't have a clue either but anyone who can explain it, please help the man :bow: . I like this train!!! Good work sofar Spacy!!!
spacy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by spacy »

i think i will made an dual engine of this train,

im already busy with understanding of the pseudo tags,

but on this moment, the engines are placed behind eachother, and i cant place the second one in opposite direction,
i liek to change "stoom" (steam) to diesel ? this is maybe the reason why the first one happens ?
spacy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by spacy »

people who would like to try this new grf:

http://members.home.nl/rolandj/ttd/buffel90.zip

name is changed
speed is correct
power i dunno the exact HP, so this is a wild guess ;)
also i dunno how the cost system is working

but dont like i cant get the second engine in oppostie direction :(

edit/update:
i already got some tips at email,
those tips will help me to set up the rest ;)
so this train will be working soon...

update: problems in this post are already solved

the next loc i want to do is the (Elec) Loc 1800 we use here in the Netherlands
Last edited by spacy on 26 Dec 2002 18:51, edited 1 time in total.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

that looks great :D So all i do is plonk the new .grf file in and it works? I like it and can't wait to test it!!

Could you take a look at my new passenger carrage (pleeease?), and try and put in the game for me (please) (i have been having so many problems trying to encode it :P)

You keep up the good graphics work and (please) try and help me...
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Oh, to get the 2nd engine in opp dircection... Use multihead to buy the second engine (and if u do this with another engine it faces the same way as the original engine you bought yes?), then take it off the train, and drop it on say the 2nd row in the depot as a "wagon". Then, hold ctrl down and put it back on the train and it should face the other way - i do this with the DMU's to make them like this (using the Brit Intercity SH125 or whatever as an example)

<==><==><==>

Where:
<= is the front engine
and
=> is the back engine

and <==> takes up 1 square and is how you buy it without the patch.

I hope that helps :)

BTW, i put the new .grf file into my TTDLX directory and tried to build it but i only got the collet pannier tank, not the new engine.

PS how did you "Add" a new engine to the game (like it seems), instead of replacing graphics?
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Vehicle statistics for normal TTD are stored in the TTDX.EXE or GameGFX.exe file, not the GRF files. You need to use TTDAlter to modify them.
spacy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by spacy »

i already got a lot of info from Michael B,
but today is to busy for me to work on it so i will fix the changes tomorrow,

i will look to that passaneer wagon to.

the problem with multiheaded is already solved, i have to tell the game its a diesel, because a steam cant drive in opposite direction ;)

update:
those problems in this post are already solved
spacy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by spacy »

Raichase wrote:that looks great :D So all i do is plonk the new .grf file in and it works? I like it and can't wait to test it!!

Could you take a look at my new passenger carrage (pleeease?), and try and put in the game for me (please) (i have been having so many problems trying to encode it :P)

You keep up the good graphics work and (please) try and help me...
could you send me the pcx file
and the information i need, like capacity ?
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Okay, i'll try the new veichles again :)
Last edited by Raichase on 26 Dec 2002 22:22, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Okay, i'll download the new patch and i already downloaded your new .grf file, so i'm sure the new loco will work now :D (Yay!)

Attached is the zip file with the graphics in .pcx form (i got a crtappy .pcx program so it might not be in the right pallette - mine is for photo editing, and aside from "paint" its all i got :() and a .txt file with the "stats" of the new wagon. If you can make it as a new wagon then thats great, otherwise i don't mind if it replaces the old temperate passenger wagon (i hate it so much grrrr)

Thanks in advance for the help (and thanks now for the time :))
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Okay, an update if you will. If you download the new .grf file, you must add the following line to your "newgrf.txt":

newgrf/buffel90.grf

(on a new line). Then place the buffel90.grf file into your "newgrf" folder.

Then it will work ;)

I checked the patchmans instruction for creating new graphics, and found out that the buffel90.grf file can't just be dumped in the ttdlx directory:P

Oh, i tested it and it works admirable, except the front of the loco (under the drivers window) alternates between red and yellow as it moves (should it do that?) - i couldn't screenshot it, but i did screenshot these funny purple bits that i don't think should be there (correct me if i am wrong)

Also not that to use these great new graphics, we need to be having the latest alpha (pick it up from the ttdpatch home site) and the "newtrains" switch to be on in the ttdpatch switches document.

Hope that helps all you ppl that want to try the great new train ;)
ImageImage
spacy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by spacy »

weird, are u using the TTDX windows version with patch 1.9.11a ?

or are you playing a dos version of it?
i still have to create it for the dos version but that one is using a different pallete, and im not able to try the dosversion bec im playing w2k,
over some time i hope to get my desk cleaned and have an extra computer next to the windows machine for it

that should be dark grey wheels :wink:

that different yellow and red colours you are seeing, i guess its something which supposed to be the ligths in front or rear,
i hope youre able to make a screenshot of it.
bec i didnt see it at my pc :(
spacy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by spacy »

Raichase, i would comment Paint SHop Pro to edit the pcx files,
i dunno what you did with your file but PSP was able to understand it after i changed the extension to BMP, also the file was 16 bit, and a TTD PCX file should have a special palette (depends on dos or windows)
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Okay, 1st of all i will try and locate a better graphics program (kodak image magic - it's not the magic it makes itself out to be), and i'll see what i can do about getting a screenshot of the flashing - i don't mind it actually. I'll also try and edit the buffel90.grf to get rid of the purple, for my comp.

I use DOS TTDLX, because i have (over about 4 years) been unsuccesfull at finding the windows version (its very annoying) for download - its certainly not in the shops here and i don't like paying for postage fees to mail order stuff :evil:

I had previously downloaded the alpha you refer to, but i had turned newtrains off because, the new trains were not in the alpha yet... (It should be good when they do come out though)

I'll go off now and play TTDLX and try and grab some screenshots for you :)
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

I got them - very hard to do, cause its flashing (i took about 20 and looked at em all) I hope you can see the difference - its more noticable when it flashes - but hey, i think the flashing is pretty cool (like we have flashing lights on buses to warn drivers of little kiddies around the bus after getting off the bus)

Oh, BTW. You mentioned i should have the windows version to make the wheels right? Where can i find it on the net?

PS I tried to "make" a whole new engine, using the old TTD graphics, just changed a bit, with the .nfo file and all that. Its impossible! I have so much newfound respect for all you people who make all new graphics with the codes and the numbers and everything! It's too much for me.

So if i hear anyone asking why new graphics arn't made faster, i'll... yell at them! Heh...
ImageImage
spacy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by spacy »

Raichase wrote: I use DOS TTDLX, because i have (over about 4 years) been unsuccesfull at finding the windows version (its very annoying) for download - its certainly not in the shops here and i don't like paying for postage fees to mail order stuff :evil:
http://www.transporttycoon.co.uk/download/ttdeluxe/

i found it with google "download TTD windows" :D

and if you try to make the new grahics, it will only work if the pcx file is the way TTD likes to handle it,
Raichase, could you send me the images as pcx files ?
bec jpeg get some blurred so its difficult for me to see the exact pixels where its going wrong.

the NFO file is indeed something more difficult to understand, i will try to explain some types, which Josef explaine in the newgrftext file and Michael also known very good to handle

i hope to write a good tutorial for the trains part as far as i understand it now, with some examples offcourse
Last edited by spacy on 27 Dec 2002 11:52, edited 1 time in total.
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

Hmm that's the site of Omnislash :mrgreen:

Hey I mailed you about something, and I also have a problem... How do you mean: link to the grf file in newgrf.txt??
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
spacy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by spacy »

GoneWacko wrote:Hmm that's the site of Omnislash :mrgreen:

Hey I mailed you about something, and I also have a problem... How do you mean: link to the grf file in newgrf.txt??
i didnt recheived that mail, but maybe it will arrive later ;)

when you are already using the new ships, then there is a newgrf dir in your TTDX game dir,
put the grf files into that dir, and edit the newgrfw.txt file in your TTDX dir,

in that file something like this should be there:

newgrf/presigw.grf
newgrf/gcvw.grf
newgrf/bulkfrgw.grf
newgrf/contshpw.grf
newgrf/reeferw.grf
newgrf/lstockcw.grf
newgrf/pcgoodcw.grf
newgrf/lngtankw.grf
newgrf/passlnw.grf
newgrf/oiltankw.grf
newgrf/dm90.grf
newgrf/eloc1800.grf
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

I looked at the pcx files, and its just as blurry :( I think its the flashing, not the colour change that grabs attention). Personally, i don't mind it, because when we step back to look at it, ITS NEW GRAPHICS FOR TTDLX! So little things like that fade into the background.

Also from what i have read, most ppl use the windows version of TTDLX, not the DOS version so it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the link :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And if you can make a tutorial on the spirtes and what not... :bow:

;) Raichase
ImageImage

Return to “General TTDPatch”