Cannot change switches on patch

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

IKB
Engineer
Engineer

Cannot change switches on patch

Post by IKB »

I have a basic problem with the patch but it is very annoying. This is what I did:
1)Downloaded the Dos mode patch and extracted it to the TTD directory
2)Ran the patch and decided to change some of the switches
3)Opened the patch files with notepad and all I got was lots of rectangles and random symbols so I am unable to change any of the switches and do not know why.

I have read everything I can on the internet but it is nearly all the same and it does not help. I have managed to get a previous patch to work last year with no problem but when I do the same thing it wont work. I am using windows 95. If anyone can help it will be very appreciated.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Don't open the patch executable, you'll want to open ttdpatch.cfg and newgrf.cfg (if you have/want new graphics).
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
IKB
Engineer
Engineer

reply to post above

Post by IKB »

Computers are not my strong point as you can probably tell.
What does executable mean and I cannot find the file ttdpatch.cfg or any file with .cfg at the end of it.
d00mh4mm3r
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by d00mh4mm3r »

executable... or .exe files

Maybe that helped, if not ill try and explain in simple terms...

Ummm

Game short cuts are in .exe format, they are a sort of program that gets is information from outside itself (The folder its in) and brings it neatly together to have a program to run.

So its like a program that collects information, and displays it for you all in order.
--==Out Of Order==--
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: reply to post above

Post by Patchman »

IKB wrote:Computers are not my strong point as you can probably tell.
What does executable mean and I cannot find the file ttdpatch.cfg or any file with .cfg at the end of it.
If you're in Windows, it might be hiding the .cfg part. Windows is stupid like that, trying to be smart but failing miserably.

Well, in that case look for files with the name "ttdpatch" and the type "CFG" or "Configuration" or something like that.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.

Return to “General TTDPatch”