Any patch for earlier starts?

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Robert Raymond
Engineer
Engineer

Any patch for earlier starts?

Post by Robert Raymond »

Hi - new member. Havent played TTDX for years but suddenly got the urge. So I'm working at getthing the patch installed. Looks good.

One question - one thing I really liked about the old version was that you could start in 1930. In fact, I would have loved it you started in 1900, with tiny steam engines, ocean liners, and creaky busses. Has there been any thought to patching this way?

Also, has anyone ever worked out how the AI does its stratagy (sic). Has that ever been improved?
Bluevoss-
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Hi Robert or Raymond and welcome

About the year, I don't know about that, currently plans are more going recent in time with electrified rails, new ships, new modern buildings, new trains
You can find all this on the site:
http://www.patagonia.de.vu/ttd/
So I don't know if they are going to turn back in time ???

About the AI, I think the AI plans 1 square ahead, so that's why when it comes at an obstacle, you see it working around it and sometimes (most of the time) getting into trouble
This is the reason why you see so many strange turns with useless bridges
The Ai doesn't plan from A to Z
There hasn't been any plans to get it working better, I think because the routines are so difficult
Anyway, now you can takeover an AI and change the things you don't like about it, bearing in mind, that the AI doesn't like big changes in its railroad tracks, but you can always eliminate stupid turns by adding the new tracks and see what happens when you give the AI back control
Helping trucks and busses is easy, just add new roads and they will use it !
You can also eliminate non-profitable services !

Hope this helps a bit
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I believe Marcin Grzegorczyk has said that he is working on a patch to get the game to start in 1930 instead of 1950. It shouldn't be too hard, I don't think.
Mati
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Mati »

spaceman-spiff wrote: You can also eliminate non-profitable services !

Hope this helps a bit
Well, hopefully they are eliminated by the AI if im not wrong. :roll:
Regards from Argentina,
Mati Vivaldi :mrgreen:
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

You can already go back to 1920 using the sign cheat.

What Marcin wanted to do was change the scenario editor so you can start in 1920 by changing the year there. On the other hand, it should be possible to use the sign cheat even in the scenario editor, so maybe it's not even necessary to patch anything.

Note however that not many vehicles will be available in 1920, or even in 1930, unless you change the introduction dates using TTDAlter.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Robert Raymond
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Robert Raymond »

Okay, I tried the sign.

The year changed, and thats great. Two things were apparent....

1) I need a way to change the start dates (for planes and trains) - the same roster available for 1950 were also available in 1920. I'd like to change this. What program was it I needed?

2) About 2 months into 1920, all of a sudden, there was a scentific breakthru in locamotives - all of them were becoming available. How nice for the traveling community. How sucky for me. Can this be fixed also?
Bluevoss-
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

You need TTDalter, it can be found here
http://www.owenrudge.co.uk/
look under TT
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
Robert Raymond
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Robert Raymond »

Got it. It still dosn't make sense though. If Im back in 1920, why do I still see trains from 1950 (they all show start times between 1922 and 1950)?

There are no icons for "start game with this train".

Oh, and a word to the wise - don't try to install this into the same directory you dumped the files. All sorts of problems...
Bluevoss-
Lilman424
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lilman424 »

changing the year doesn't take away trains you had earlier....er....later. Although if you go forward it'll give you new trains
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Return to “General TTDPatch”