Compiling TTDPatch on Linux

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

kvtb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kvtb »

krtaylor wrote:Well, just because you could compile TTD Patch under Linux, doesn't mean you could run it and TTD directly under Linux without an emulator like Wine, does it?
How about linking TTDPatch to winelib?
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

What's the point, you still need to run TTD through wine...
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
kvtb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kvtb »

I don't know, I thought using winelib, ttdpatchw.exe would become a Linux executable and Wine would be called transparently???

:oops:
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

You're welcome to investigate... I won't spend any time on it though, since it already works as it is. I don't see a large benefit in running ./ttdpatchw.exe versus wine ttdpatchw.exe...
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
killermoehre
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Compiling TTDPatch on Linux

Post by killermoehre »

*bump*
Muhahaha, I've bumped.

Ok, here is my Problem. I run a Linux kernel 2.6.27-7-generic Ubuntu 8.10 with WINE 1.1.10 and I can even start nor compile TTDPatch for Windows.
If I want to start the WINE-debugger appears and if I want to compile I get a lot of errors. Maybe that I find here some help.

Regards
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Listing the errors would be a good start.
As would listing the version numbers.
And posting your Makefile.local. Or at least the changes you've made to it.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
killermoehre
Engineer
Engineer

Post by killermoehre »

Ok, here I am. After the yearly "I-make-my-OS-down-to-clean-it-up" at newyear time, I've installed a fresh Xubuntu 8.10. Kernel is now 2.6.27-9-generic and WINE 1.0.1 (<-- this could be the reason and solving...). TTDPatch is the r2075 nightly.
The wonder: I can start now TTDPatch (after adding /dev/nvidia* to my usergroup...).
The problem: I haven't new graphics (only the base graphics appears in the status window) and if I click in the grf status window, TTDPatch produce an error and crashs. I've attached the wine debugger output. There was no CRASHXXX.txt produced.

Regards
killermoehre
Attachments
wine-debugger[de_DE].log.txt
The wine debugger output in german.
OT: Why are .log files not allowed?
(6.73 KiB) Downloaded 148 times

Return to “General TTDPatch”