Clarification of NewTownGrowthSwitch please.

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Axlrose
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Clarification of NewTownGrowthSwitch please.

Post by Axlrose »

I was reading the Wiki pages and did a search through the forums, but still a bit confused about the bit switches. Could the various "--in--" and "--out--" settings be set to various integers, including negatives? While not a math major, it seems the higher the integer, then the easier to influence town growth. Both desert and tropical have a minimum population for growth, it seems temperance has automatic growth, unless I am wrong. And the largertown switch will or will not override the various settings? So if I wanted a harder game where _only_ food and goods would increase a town's population, then all switches at 0 with food and goods set at 1?

Tad confused.
>>>>>Axlrose - ...<<<<<
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Clarification of NewTownGrowthSwitch please.

Post by DaleStan »

You've managed to confuse me. Those switches are not bit switches, so I'm not sure quite what you're asking about.

All switches are independent, with very few exceptions (aichoosechances and aibuild* is the only set of that comes to mind.)

So, setting largertowns 4 won't effect what's required to make the town grow, just that one in four will grow extra fast. Similar for the tgr*. Similarly, setting trgmailinmin will not effect how passengers cause the town to grow.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Axlrose
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Axlrose »

I should change my username to Confusion. :P

I was reading over this Wiki page and wondered about these switches:

ASW tgractstationsweight
POW tgrpassoutweight
MOW tgrmailoutweight
PIW tgrpassinweight
MIW tgrmailinweight
GIW tgrgoodsinweight
FIW tgrfoodinweight
WIW tgrwaterinweight
SIW tgrsweetsinweight
DIW tgrfizzydrinksinweight

where it seems different integers could be assigned to influence what details causes a town to grow. Thus my original questions above while attempting to make an even more difficult game where towns must grow just on food and goods only.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

That page says that the calculation is a weighted average of a collection of calculations on the tgr*optims. The weights are given by tgr*weight.

Therefore, setting tgrFOOweight 0 will effectively disable tgrFOOoptim.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “General TTDPatch”