TT on Windows2000

Old messages from the Transport Tycoon forum at owenrudge.net.
Foxy_E

TT on Windows2000

Post by Foxy_E »

Try to run TT on windows2000.

When starting from the cmd it already gives 2 errors on Com2 and Com4. Both can be ignored.... Then the screen automatically enlarges and then it's stays a black screen. Pressing space will give some a very disorderd screen...
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re:TT on Windows2000

Post by orudge »

Foxy_E (21-02-2001 14:03):
Try to run TT on windows2000.
Many DOS games don't really run properly under Windows 2000, or NT for that matter. Either get yourself Win9x or DOS, or software such as whatchamacallit (I've forgotton! There's a version for WinNT/2000 and Linux, and a trial version was on a PC Plus cover CD - if I remember, I'll post it here!) and use that to host a DOS session (I'd recommend you use FreeDOS at http://www.freedos.org if you do not have a copy of DOS.
Then the screen automatically enlarges and then it's stays a black screen. Pressing space will give some a very disorderd screen...
Again, Win2000 isn't a very good platform for DOS games...
kingtrainer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kingtrainer »

i have tried to actually run transport tycoon delux on win 2000 with a few errors....

1. stay at the title screen fo too long you get a error that caluses the program to CRASH!
2. dont try to plag a gam or create a seraneo becase these will crash after approx 20 sec and you get a lot of colored lines down the screen

the only thing you can do is watch the how to build things
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

king (22-06-2001 22:18):
i have tried to actually run transport tycoon delux on win 2000 with a few errors....
Hmmm, yes. <a href="http://www.chrissawyer.com/" target="_blank">Chris Sawyer</a> says it's probably fairly easy to fix the problem with the Windows version, but because of lack of demand and the costs involved in bringing out a new version, he won't do it. Why he can't just make a small patch and put it on Microprose/Hasbro's site (or even chrissawyer.com) I don't know. :(
Last edited by orudge on 23 Jun 2001 16:35, edited 2 times in total.
nigel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nigel »

I,m trying to get the Win95 version of TTDX to work under Beta2 of WindowsXP. I,m getting stuck in that the program can't find the CD even though it's in the drive and I did a full install which on Win98 means no CD required.

Anyone getting anywhere on this?
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I don't think anyone has managed to get TT running on NT, 2000 or XP. Maybe XP RC2 will be better..... unlikely, but we can hope. :-)
kingtrainer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kingtrainer »

Dont lie!

i did it

(year but with a whole truckload of errors, moan)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Well, you did manage to run it, but you say you got lines all over the screen and everything, so it isn't running 99% successfully, fine, without problems, etc, like it does under Win98, etc.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

orudge (22-02-2001 17:12):
yourself Win9x or DOS, or software such as whatchamacallit (I've forgotton!
BTW, whatchamacallit = <a href="http://www.vmware.com/" target="_blank">VMWare</a>. :-)

Return to “Owen's TT Station Forum (Archived Posts)”