how to play in LAN?

Old messages from the Transport Tycoon forum at owenrudge.net.
tdagobert

how to play in LAN?

Post by tdagobert »

Please help, I don´t understand how to play TTDX in LAN? (Network-IPX-Protocoll)
How do I enter the IP Adress of the other Player? Can I play TTDX using Netmeeting?

Sorry, my englisch is very bad...
Vada
Engineer
Engineer

It's easy!

Post by Vada »

Well to begin with you cannot play using netmeeting, and I think you cannot add any strange IP or something.
You can only play via LAN. To play in lan you must click in the "2 players", and then you choose the "Host Game" option. After chossing the type of LAN connection you have a window will appear. This one says that is waiting for the other player to join.
The other player must click on the "Join Game", and then another window will appear with all the LAN games.

If you don't speak english tell me what languaje do you speak: I do speak español and portuguese...!

Solo pregunta!

The most austral user of the world
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Are you using the DOS version of TTD? If so, get the Windows version (see "New TT Download Locations"). You can then play via TCP/IP on the local network. You can attempt to play over the Internet by setting up a VPN, but it isn't very good.
Vada
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vada »

What is a VPN? Can you explain it? :oops:

The most austral user of the world
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

A VPN is a Virtual Private Network. Tap that into Windows Help or Google for more information.

Return to “Owen's TT Station Forum (Archived Posts)”