Problems about trains

Old messages from the Transport Tycoon forum at owenrudge.net.
Bowen

Problems about trains

Post by Bowen »

Can I disable the function that the trains go backwards when they are waiting too long in the queue? That's because my railways design is ONE direction only. I don't want any trains go backwards on a busy route.

Thanks a lot.
Vada
Engineer
Engineer

mmmmm....

Post by Vada »

Dunno the exact answer, but I have one way tracks and they go backwards after too much waiting!..

What version do u have? TT or TTDLX?

Perhaps there you'll find the difference! :roll: :wink:

The most austral user of the world
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Problems about trains

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Bowen wrote:Can I disable the function that the trains go backwards when they are waiting too long in the queue? That's because my railways design is ONE direction only. I don't want any trains go backwards on a busy route.

Thanks a lot.
normally , with the switch 'rvqueueing on' in your .cfg file, the trains should wait in front of a 'full' station

if you put enough single signals at the left side , each train returning should then return back when it encounters such a signal, i have never any problem with trains going backwards ?

try it or give us a save game or printscreen as attachment, so we can have a look
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
adam_trevorrow
Engineer
Engineer

Post by adam_trevorrow »

Bowen wrote:Can I disable the function that the trains go backwards when they are waiting too long in the queue? That's because my railways design is ONE direction only. I don't want any trains go backwards on a busy route.

Thanks a lot.
No you can't, it's part of the game and has nothing to do with Road Vehicle Queuing (rvqueuing) in TTD Patch (which, not surprisingly, effects road vehicles not trains) and is in all versions of the game.

Trains turn around after waiting at a red signal for a long period of time. The idea is they can backtrack and maybe go around the problem, but that almost never happens.

To prevent your trains going backwards along the track, use one way signals where possible - trains will never go through a signal facing away from them.

If your trains are wafting for such a length of time that they give up and go backwards, then you should consider changing your layout to avoid this long delay or re-rout trains around the problem area instead of through it.
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

adam_trevorrow wrote: No you can't, it's part of the game and has nothing to do with Road Vehicle Queuing (rvqueuing) in TTD Patch (which, not surprisingly, effects road vehicles not trains) and is in all versions of the game.
got it mixed up here, you are right
adam_trevorrow wrote: To prevent your trains going backwards along the track, use one way signals where possible - trains will never go through a signal facing away from them.
this is what i suggested, i put a lot of these and the trains can't go backwards then
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future

Return to “Owen's TT Station Forum (Archived Posts)”