Alter4 doesnt work,....

Old messages from the Transport Tycoon forum at owenrudge.net.
MattVivaldi

Alter4 doesnt work,....

Post by MattVivaldi »

:? I have a Toshiba laptop 1.2 Gb, 256 ram etc. so that's not a problem,
I have the windows version with the patch installed because im on win xp, I installed the Alter 4 and all goes good untill i open the exe file to modify my vehicles,... which one should i choose?, because I start the game with the file called ttdpatchw.exe , not with American , English or ect....
I tried to modify that file , it cant be modified ...
So I tried to modify American but it doesnt work (on new games either)
I also tried to delete ttdload.ovl but i cant find it anywhere...
So I need help... Thanks in advance... :lol:
Matt Vivaldi.

PS.By the way, Owen, when is the full version coming in? Thanks for you tough work...
Mgriff
Engineer
Engineer

here

Post by Mgriff »

dont look for the American.exe file .Look for the gamegfx.exe .Thats the equal of TTDX.exe on the DOS version of TTD that TTDAlter 3.0 used.With the TTD load.ovl file .One the ttdpatchw.exe file is what you use to start the game right ? The settings are saved to the file ttdloadw.ovl. You need to delete this file so the TTDAlter settings are saved to this file.TTDloadw.ovl will rebuild itself so dont worry if your correctly using the TTDPatch.Just look for the GameGFX.exe file and use that.
WHY CANT WE JUST KILL SADDAM AND GET IT OVER WITH PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Yes, it's GameGFX.exe you want. If you have TTDAlter 4.0.5 beta, you can make the ttdloadw.ovl be automatically deleted (see the Options menu), and I believe there is a patch in TTDPatch that'll automatically rebuild it as well.
MattVivaldi

Thank you guys,...

Post by MattVivaldi »

Yup, it worked, and now I will enjoy Alter4B :P
Thanks for answering :)
Great work Owen,
:D
emm, when is the next version comming out?
Cheers from Argentina
Matt Vivaldi
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

4.0.6 beta should be out.... soon. I can't give you an exact date, but maybe this coming week sometime (probably before Wednesday, when I go back to school :().

BTW, do I know you? Your name sounds familiar...
MattVivaldi

Owen!!

Post by MattVivaldi »

I don't think I know you, maybe you know my great great-grand father, Antonio Vivaldi, yes , the musician...
But anyway, thanks for the info...
Hey isnt there any way to create New vehicles? such as dubble decker buses? or maybe, can you create pax wagons that carry 35 pax and has a max speed of ??? mph, which sounds real,... and in the year 19?? it comes out a new version with more pax and speed of 250 mph...
Is it possible if you cant create new ones to grab the Tropical,etc pax wagon and modify it to temperate with those features?
Just thought...
Thanks for your work with TTD Alter 4,
I got a scenario for YOU to play, its preety good, its of the southern cone of Latin America, ie. Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, and bits of Paraguay and Brazil... Where sould I send it?
Cheers from Argentina
Matt.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I'm afraid it's not possible to make new vehicles. However, Josef Drexler is working on making TTDPatch allow some new vehicles (currently new ships, but others will come later).

Send scenarios to ttgame@orudge.freeuk.com, then fill in the form at the Repository. Thanks! :)

Return to “Owen's TT Station Forum (Archived Posts)”