Trucks & Trains Tycoon

Old messages from the Transport Tycoon forum at owenrudge.net.
Speed

Trucks & Trains Tycoon

Post by Speed »

Why doesn't anybody talk about this brilliant sim?

Yeah i know Chris got screwed by the developers, I know its not finished, but after playing it every day for weeks, completing every mission, campaign and scenario, I can honestly say that this is the best game I have ever played. I am still hooked, and despite what you may have read it is not buggy, just difficult to understand. Once you master it you realize there isnt a single bug and the code is very solid.

The economy may not be as complex as ttdx but the extreme complexity of efficient track layouts in real 3d is as much challenge as anyone needs in a game.

If you haven't tried it do yourself a favor and check it out.

Speed.
Marco
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Marco »

I have tested the demo, it isn't bad but I have an horrible PC, i prefer don't waste money for TTT, with a new PC...is possible.
Yes, I can download it but...buy is better
I have lost my original user id for 20842 :(
I am one of the founders of TT-Forums! Partly...
Madaussie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Madaussie »

i have this game, but it made my pc crash so i removed it and stored it away, i don't think u will ever find anything to surpass ttd or the like
Speed

TT&T

Post by Speed »

Only time it would crash for me is when loading the britain scenario (i figured it was just a corrupt save file). Otherwise it was rock solid, surviving zonealarm pop ups, alt tabs, and multiple monitors (where most games bomb out).

Pity it didnt work for you guys.

Speed.
frazbombe

Post by frazbombe »

where can i get this
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

frazbombe wrote:where can i get this
http://www.demoindex.com/index.php?g=409
or here http://www.gamershell.com/news/BTrainsT ... Demo.shtml
really a lot sites that host the demo
just search with google
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
Lilman424

Post by Lilman424 »

:?: Does anyone know where I can D/L the FULL version??? It isn't on Kazaa :?: :?: :?:
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Hmmm, maybe www [dot] astalavista [dot] box [dot] sk will be of assistance to you. (Change [dot] to . to access, obviously).
anaconda
Chairman
Chairman

Re: Trucks & Trains Tycoon

Post by anaconda »

Speed wrote:Why doesn't anybody talk about this brilliant sim?

Yeah i know Chris got screwed by the developers, I know its not finished, but after playing it every day for weeks, completing every mission, campaign and scenario, I can honestly say that this is the best game I have ever played. I am still hooked, and despite what you may have read it is not buggy, just difficult to understand. Once you master it you realize there isnt a single bug and the code is very solid.

The economy may not be as complex as ttdx but the extreme complexity of efficient track layouts in real 3d is as much challenge as anyone needs in a game.

If you haven't tried it do yourself a favor and check it out.

Speed.
1. This isn't made by Cris at all. But yes, the author of the game got screwed.
2. Yes, it isn't finished. That's why it's not a popular game. I bought it, played it for some hours, and then just packed it away. It's incredible boring.
3. A similar game is under development now, by the same author. But this time, he got a few people to help in out. And I think he has learned his lesson about software companies.
I'm lost in space. Visiting mother earth once in a while.
supa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by supa »

Since you're all talking about the author and stuff...

Could you give some info on what exactly happened? Who got screwed by whom? I'm lost.
Zuchla

Post by Zuchla »

The name of the autor is Peter Dobrovka. He started to develop the game after playing TTDLX and fell in love with the game. The name of the project was 3dtt. 3D Transport Tycoon. He did published Alpha versions up to Alpha 7. He even start new company Way-X to have more people to work on the game. Then he join company VX, where he work like a programmer. Then all the trouble started, because they was rushing the game out of the door. He dissagree and after while he quit the company. Went to court to stop the release of the game, but the game was released anyway. He is still waiting for the final decision from the court, which will be on 3/19/03.
Right now he is working on Beta 7 and starting to work on 3dtt 2. The whole game is programmed in Pascal and according to latest news, looks like he will stay with that language, because he really feel that C++ and Microsoft compiler is the most bugy one.
Acording to Peter, the published game was in Beta4, how he is calling that one. In his work he already implemented level crossing, new, more complex signals, some changes to the graphics and tons of others. If anybody understand enough German, visit his site and forum at http://www.3dtt.de or Traisims forum at http://www.trainsim.startnews.de

I just hope I got those links right. BTW, you can post on both sites in English, a lot of people know English. Very interesting is part about missing features, which never made the game. And last, I think VX company went bankrupt.
Z 8)
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

http://www.3dtt.de/ doesn't work :wink:
the site is down i see in the forum

(Hi Anaconda :wink: :wink: )
Marco
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Marco »

I have lost my original user id for 20842 :(
I am one of the founders of TT-Forums! Partly...
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Yes Marco, where have you been lately :wink:
i clicked on your first link and then on features

Sorry, the page you requested was not found.

and the second link :roll:
no screenies, just slid proof ... of nothing :x

Transport Tycoon, in 3D! This is a game that is actually in development, with solid proof behind it, unlike games like Transport World, or Industry Giant

seems like we be playing TT for some time :wink:

Post by Guest »

Sorry, yesterday I hadn't much time, so I didn't check better this sites :roll:
Marco_Not_Logged

Post by Marco_Not_Logged »

Sorry, I'm Marco. The connection was broken and I forgotten to re-login.
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Happens to me all the time :wink:

Return to “Owen's TT Station Forum (Archived Posts)”