Having problems with service intervals

Old messages from the Transport Tycoon forum at owenrudge.net.
Namayoki

Having problems with service intervals

Post by Namayoki »

I played this game before, when I had windows ME and now I have XP and i had to do all the patch updates and such... But every vehicle has a 16000 day service interval and I cant change it. This makes it very hard to use anything besides trains, (ive been forced to put depots behind every station forcing the train to go in to turn around). Does anyone know how to fix this bug? Id like to be able to use planes and boats, but I cant at the current 16000 day service interval. Thanks.
Darren - LEEDS UK

Post by Darren - LEEDS UK »

The easiest thing to do is ignore it . I have the same thing with mine but it somehow doesn't mean that planes and road vehicles break down more often. Alternatively you can get hold of the TTDX Alter patch and change the service intervals, among others.
FaceLess
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FaceLess »

Had the same when using the patch for the first run on win 98. Don't know how things have changed in XP but when I did everything exactly as told in the help file it was ok. Only running the patch is not enough, it does change TTD into the version with all patches as the are in the cfg file but changes in the cfg are not copied into the game so you keep the default 1600y interval for maintenance. Once you run the " ttdpatch -W ttdpatch.cfg" command line you can open the ttdpatch.cfg with notepad and change the settings. Use "off" for the changes you don't want to use and save it over the old copy and it should be ok again. So in this case replace 1600 with off and the old maintenace of 150 days is back. It certainly effected gameplay for me with 1600 maintenance (which couldn't be changed as well). The reliability of most busses went down to 0 and they kept getting out of order which was restored after a forced maintenance. Hope this helps
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

The 16,000 day maintenance figure is a default of TTDPatch. Just edit TTDPATCH.CFG to alter or remove it, as described in that last message.

Return to “Owen's TT Station Forum (Archived Posts)”