Common Questions and Answers - PLEASE READ

Old messages from the Transport Tycoon forum at owenrudge.net.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Common Questions and Answers - PLEASE READ

Post by orudge »

Here are a few common questions and answers that keep coming up on these forums. I will add more items to the list as and when more questions are asked.

Q. Where can I download Transport Tycoon?
A. You can download the DOS versions of Transport Tycoon (Original) and Transport Tycoon Deluxe, and the Windows version of Transport Tycoon Deluxe from http://www.transporttycoon.co.uk.

Q. How can I run this game under Windows 2000/XP?
A. The Windows version of TTD can be run under Windows XP with the help of TTDPatch - an excellent patch for TTD which provides many new features and enhancements, including Windows 2000/XP support. See the detailed manual for information on how to get it working.

If you have any other questions, please post a message and I may incorporate them into this thread.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Q. The transporttycoon.co.uk download doesn't work. Where else can I get TTD?

A. You can download the Windows version of TTD from this site. Thanks to whoever put it in the owenrudge.co.uk Guestbook. :)
Jos

Post by Jos »

I did everything like you said, and i still get the message : "error reading registry" ??

Can anyone help me ?
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Make sure you have got version 1.8.1 or higher (not 1.8) of TTDPatch. This has registry fixing code built in. Install the Windows version of TTD using the Setup program. To run TTDPatch, go Start\Run and type C:\path\ttdpatchw.exe -2 and click OK. You'll probably want to change the TTD shortcut in the Start menu to point to this in future, and you may also want to create and modify a ttdpatch.cfg file too. But to get the game working, this should do. For full-screen mode, right-click on ttdpatchw.exe, click Properties, Compatibility and set Win98 compatibility mode.
nazlurf

Post by nazlurf »

First, sorry for my poor English, I'm French (hehe, noone can be perfect !!)

transporttycoon.co.uk doesn't work ... not only the download, but the entire site. But thanks for your site and the other download capability
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Yes, the transporttycoon.co.uk download is currently down. However, there are other sites with TTD one - another site with the Windows version of TTD is listed above.

Return to “Owen's TT Station Forum (Archived Posts)”