Donations

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
Chrill

Re: Donations

Post by Chrill »

Can't believe it took me seven years, but I should be a regular donator from now on. I sent you some money through PayPal, in British pounds. Not quite sure how much Swedish kronor that cost me, stupid exchange rates.. :P
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Chrill wrote:Can't believe it took me seven years, but I should be a regular donator from now on. I sent you some money through PayPal, in British pounds. Not quite sure how much Swedish kronor that cost me, stupid exchange rates.. :P
Sounds like you got a steady income then.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Hyronymus wrote:
Chrill wrote:Can't believe it took me seven years, but I should be a regular donator from now on. I sent you some money through PayPal, in British pounds. Not quite sure how much Swedish kronor that cost me, stupid exchange rates.. :P
Steady albeit small, I work at a Subway restaurant these days :P
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Chrill wrote:
Hyronymus wrote:
Steady albeit small, I work at a Subway restaurant these days :P
Nice, and slightly train related :mrgreen: .
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I can confirm receipt of your donation, thanks very much, Chrill!
Boukev
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Boukev »

After several years of enjoying OpenTTD I found the donate topic for the first time. Happy to use it and show my pleasure of this game and it's development and maintenance. I was just wondering if you have one donation fund for both website and forum or that it is seperate?

Greetings Boukev
It takes either 1 train with 8 carriages or 500 cars to move 1000 people. Simple math.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

They're separate - I notice your donation is marked as "OpenTTD", so I've put it towards the OpenTTD funds. If you'd rather send some of that to the forums, let me know, and I can split it up.

Thanks very much for your support!
Boukev
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Boukev »

orudge wrote:They're separate - I notice your donation is marked as "OpenTTD", so I've put it towards the OpenTTD funds. If you'd rather send some of that to the forums, let me know, and I can split it up.

Thanks very much for your support!
Second donation done: Now I have supported the forum as well ;)
It takes either 1 train with 8 carriages or 500 cars to move 1000 people. Simple math.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Thanks! Your support is greatly appreciated. :)
vinaximus
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by vinaximus »

Hi Owen,
I want to show my gratitude but I dont know how to pay.
The problem is something like this
My bank issued me a debit card, which I cannot use directly for online payments. However it allows me to create a Virtual credit card for one time use. I have used it for international shopping. I tried to send money to ur paypal account using this method but it failed
Thanks
Good day building rails
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Unfortunately we can't accept credit card payments by any other method, that I can think of just now. I can accept a direct bank transfer, but fees for that may well be prohibitive.

If you're not able to make a donation though, don't worry - I do appreciate the offer very much. :)
Wohngebietsuwe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Wohngebietsuwe »

Yay, searced and found - the donation's thread :D

I'd like to split my actual donation 50/50 between OTTD (which got a small donation already during September) and the forum's maintenance if possible (neither was I able to change the description nor was I able to make a note to my forum's name). I'm so happy that you and your team of volunteers didn't let this DOS-game die like many other really good DOS-games died. The way this game went since the start of TTDPatch is simply remarkable. THANK YOU, merry christmas and an even happier new year!

Cheers
Wohngebietsuwe
(Seba. Kus.)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Thanks very much for your donation - I will split it 50/50 to the forums and OpenTTD. :)
girth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by girth »

Can't believe this is my first forum post, as I've been coming to these forums for years for updates, but I just donated $50 (USD). Happy for that to go into anything OpenTTD related, forum or otherwise. :)

Not sure if anyone has suggested it, but I'd happily pay x amount for a feature set to add to OpenTTD, in a Kickstarter-ish kinda way.
You could suggest something like "FIRS zBase graphics" (hells yeah), detail the development effort and give a total which would get the effort started (say 4,000 GPB). Then update the development as you go. If every player that wanted it chipped in 10 pounds, you'd only need 400 players to donate to get it done.

Maybe pie in the sky?
Don't know about other people, but I play OpenTTD often, and I keep coming back to it. The amount of time I spend on it is more than worth the money I've spent over the years.

Anyways, keep up the awesome work. :bow:
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Thank you! Your support is appreciated.

With regards to funding OpenTTD, it may be worth opening a topic about that in one of the OpenTTD forums - however, I believe the issue is mostly finding developers with the time to implement features (and implement them properly), rather than money as such.
girth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by girth »

orudge wrote:With regards to funding OpenTTD, it may be worth opening a topic about that in one of the OpenTTD forums - however, I believe the issue is mostly finding developers with the time to implement features (and implement them properly), rather than money as such.
Hmm.

Perhaps there's a way to entice developers with donation money? Something like a combination of kickstarter and github?
Crowdfunding independent/open-source development.

Maybe something like this https://www.bountysource.com/?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Hm, that might be one way to go to fix the outstanding MacOS X bugs, since there's not a dedicated dev for that OS. Might also be a way to standardize OpenTTD for Android devices.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Feel free to take that discussion to the OpenTTD forums, I'm sure it would be interesting. :)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Do you accept Skrill (formerly MoneyBookers)?
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Unfortunately not - I used to, but then they decided it was apparently "illegal" or somesuch for me to receive donations without being a registered company or charity (which seems bizarre) and they closed my account.

Return to “News”