Donations

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
WWTBAM

Re: Donations

Post by WWTBAM »

I left you a small donation earlier today in thanks for (the future) hosting of my source code for robobot which is benefiting these forums.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
DerekReed
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DerekReed »

orudge wrote:Overview

These forums cost quite a bit to run - some €150/month or so now - most of which comes out of my own pocket.
Have fired a tenner via PayPal to aid the cause.

Thanks for your work on OpenTTD.

Regards,
DerekReed
andrejHUN
Engineer
Engineer

Post by andrejHUN »

Hey,

I just made a 5 eur donation. The site is great and fancy the game ever since i was 15 or so. More to come, hopefully.

Cheers!
teccuk
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by teccuk »

Donated.

:bow: thank you Orudge!
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Thanks! It's greatly appreciated. :)
ra_27y
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ra_27y »

Hi Owen,

Sorry it taken me so long to donation to you and to the great site I just donation $5 US via PayPal to help out help out.
Thanks for all the hard work you put in to site and to game I always look forward to a new build.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Thank you, your donation is very much appreciated! 🙂
DrWho42
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DrWho42 »

i haven't read the entire thread but have we considered either a patreon or ko-fi?
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

To be honest, no, it's not something I've considered (and I haven't actually heard of the second one). In general I'd prefer to keep things as simple as possible, but if I get lots of requests to donate this way then I can certainly look into it.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

orudge wrote: 05 Sep 2004 13:49Amazon Affiliate Links

Another way of providing a bit of money would be by buying an item from Amazon via one of my affiliate links:

Amazon UK
Amazon UK is the preferred link to use, if you are able to. Use https://www.owenrudge.net/amazon/ as your Amazon link in future..

Amazon.com (US)
Using our Amazon.com affiliate link may result in a small donation to the forum.

Amazon Canada
For Canadian visitors, please consider using our Amazon.ca link.

Thank you very much for your help. You are a very generous community, and it's thanks to you that this forum can survive.
Does this affiliate system extend to other Amazon sites? Amazon.se was launched a year or two ago, I shop there (albeit infrequently) and would be able to use your links if they were available for Sweden. There's also an Amazon.de and several other domains that could benefit from affiliate links.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I would need to look into it - it could well be possible though. :)
bjgttd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bjgttd »

Amazon has recently discontinued "Amazon smile" (their charity affiliation program). I wouldn't be surprised if other affiliations follow.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Chrill wrote: 11 Dec 2023 23:36 Does this affiliate system extend to other Amazon sites? Amazon.se was launched a year or two ago, I shop there (albeit infrequently) and would be able to use your links if they were available for Sweden. There's also an Amazon.de and several other domains that could benefit from affiliate links.
Having looked at it a bit more, I suspect I probably could sign up, but it's all in Swedish (or German), so I might need to run it through a translator. :mrgreen:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

orudge wrote: 15 Dec 2023 13:37
Chrill wrote: 11 Dec 2023 23:36 Does this affiliate system extend to other Amazon sites? Amazon.se was launched a year or two ago, I shop there (albeit infrequently) and would be able to use your links if they were available for Sweden. There's also an Amazon.de and several other domains that could benefit from affiliate links.
Having looked at it a bit more, I suspect I probably could sign up, but it's all in Swedish (or German), so I might need to run it through a translator. :mrgreen:
Not sure it's worth it then. A potential purchase 1-2 times per year is hardly a financial revolution for the forums :P
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)

Return to “News”