WANTED: Looking for a web designer

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

WANTED: Looking for a web designer

Post by orudge »

Hi all,

As many of you know, the theme that the forums use by default is now quite vintage. It’s not responsive for access via mobile devices, and the underlying theme it’s based on is no longer supported in phpBB 3.2.

My own expertise with modern HTML, CSS etc is lacking, so I’m looking for somebody who has the skills (and time!) to be able to take the phpBB 3.2 proSilver theme and create a new TT theme based on that.

It doesn’t have to look exactly like the current theme, but ideally it’ll be a distinctive theme that resembles the current style - unless of course you have a great idea that works even better! Minimising code changes between proSilver and the new theme (to allow for easy upgrades in future) is important, though.

If you think you’d be able to help out, please let me know. Terms for compensation can be discussed (the site is funded primarily by donations, but if you can demonstrate examples of previous design and would offer a high quality design, then I am happy to compensate you for your time and effort.) Let me know if you have any queries.

Cheers,
PNDA_
Engineer
Engineer

Re: WANTED: Looking for a web designer

Post by PNDA_ »

Hi,

I have created a few Websites with some Modern Designs, and would probably be able to help out here. I've never worked with php, but when doing HTML and CSS im quite good. I also have the Time to do something like this, though I wouldn't be able to do this on one or two days.
So I will see if I manage to get something going and send it to you :)
Hello!
ImageImageImage
GunChleoc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by GunChleoc »

phpBB has a "colors.css" file - that would be a good start.
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello

I offering my collaboration. I was and am working on responsive designs for a few smaller projects (nothing with the size of phpBB). I could only co-work in my spare time.

Tschö, Auge
Senner
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Senner »

Hi.

I can help make the existing layout responsive. I have quite a lot of experience with web technology
Here's my github account : (mostly javascript): https://github.com/senner007

I have som spare time right now.

Cheers,
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Hi all,

Thanks very much for your input, everyone. Just to let you know that I haven't forgotten about you!

We currently have the majority of a new theme in place; I need to do a bit of work on it, but it may be that we are mostly ready to go with it. There may be further tweaks required, so I may get in touch with some of you to ask for more assistance. I just need to find the time to go through it myself - it's a busy time of year!

Many thanks,

Return to “News”