Fundraising for a new server

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

server hosting yes ... but I belive that place you buying domain don't broke often, do they ?
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
master811
Engineer
Engineer

Post by master811 »

No I doubt it. Also, I see you have advertising on the site, do you get much from that at all?

Also, is this US or UK based hosting, cos I think I found somewhere that's cheaper that what you have at the moment.
Bart
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bart »

Ofcourse there are cheaper posibilities, but how about performance and reliability??
[url=CALLTO://Sgreehder]Image[/url]
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

master811 wrote:No I doubt it. Also, I see you have advertising on the site, do you get much from that at all?
Not a great deal, no. A lot of the advertising is just for other TT sites (or sites that I own/have associations with) - some of the other banners bring me a small income, but not a great one.
master811 wrote:Also, is this US or UK based hosting, cos I think I found somewhere that's cheaper that what you have at the moment.
This is UK-based hosting now. Anyway, we've just moved here, and so far, I'm quite happy with them - they offer great power and flexibility with their virtual root server solution, and they seem quite reliable too. We went for cheap and cheerful last time with Oktagone, and look how that turned out.

As for domain registration duration, it'll likely be reregistered for 2 years.

Return to “News”