Christmas theme

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Christmas theme

Post by orudge »

Apologies for the delay this year - the Christmas theme is now up. If you've got your profile set to the standard Transport Tycoon Forums theme, then you should see our nice winter theme now. You may need to press CTRL-F5 (or equivalent in your browser) to force the graphics to refresh, though.

I know there are a few things that are broken or wonky in the theme following the phpBB 3.1 upgrade (e.g., the "last visit" text at the top of each page; the 'key' at the bottom of the main page). I'll try to fix these tomorrow. If you spot anything else that's wrong, please let me know by posting in this topic.

If you don't want to use the Christmas theme, you can change the theme in your User Control Panel to the "Transport Tycoon (temperate)" theme. This is available year-round.

Enjoy the theme! :)
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Christmas theme

Post by Alberth »

\o/ Snow!
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

I can barely see green text on green grass.
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

McZapkie wrote:I can barely see green text on green grass.
Which theme are you trying to use? You might need to do a hard refresh (Ctrl-F5 or similar)
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Looks much better after browser refresh. It is now even more readable and eye-neutral than temperate theme.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Yes, I'm quite fond of the snow theme. It's more neutral and more in line with other websites. Bright backgrounds are better than green!!
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

McZapkie wrote:Looks much better after browser refresh. It is now even more readable and eye-neutral than temperate theme.
After the refresh, I can hardly see the white texts against the snowy background :lol: which are less important of the two, as green texts are the links I need to use.
bjgttd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bjgttd »

I've changed to the "Transport Tycoon (temperate)" theme, and the look has changed, but the "theme" field is back to the "Transport Tycoon". Does this mean it wont remember my choice the next time?
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Sylf wrote:
McZapkie wrote:Looks much better after browser refresh. It is now even more readable and eye-neutral than temperate theme.
After the refresh, I can hardly see the white texts against the snowy background :lol: which are less important of the two, as green texts are the links I need to use.
orudge wrote:I know there are a few things that are broken or wonky in the theme following the phpBB 3.1 upgrade (e.g., the "last visit" text at the top of each page; the 'key' at the bottom of the main page). I'll try to fix these tomorrow. If you spot anything else that's wrong, please let me know by posting in this topic.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
bjgttd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bjgttd »

bjgttd wrote:I've changed to the "Transport Tycoon (temperate)" theme, and the look has changed, but the "theme" field is back to the "Transport Tycoon". Does this mean it wont remember my choice the next time?
The next day - and the white background is back. Quite an annoying bug. :(
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Try clearing your cache, restarting your browser and changing the setting. I remember having this issue several years ago myself. Once I did that I never had to be blinded by the snow again. :)
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

orudge wrote:I know there are a few things that are broken or wonky in the theme following the phpBB 3.1 upgrade (e.g., the "last visit" text at the top of each page; the 'key' at the bottom of the main page). I'll try to fix these tomorrow. If you spot anything else that's wrong, please let me know by posting in this topic.
Related to this: The page number of the thread you are on by default display in white which makes them a little difficult to read.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Sorry about the delay - the white text on the snow should be fixed now. If you spot any more let me know.
bjgttd wrote:I've changed to the "Transport Tycoon (temperate)" theme, and the look has changed, but the "theme" field is back to the "Transport Tycoon". Does this mean it wont remember my choice the next time?
That's possibly a bug as a result of a customisation I made to phpBB some years ago - if you look at the page URL, does it have "?style=1" (or something like that) at the end of the address? It should remember the style you select the first time you go into the preferences, but if it's then putting a style into the page URL, that's definitely a bug.
bjgttd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bjgttd »

orudge wrote:
That's possibly a bug as a result of a customisation I made to phpBB some years ago - if you look at the page URL, does it have "?style=1" (or something like that) at the end of the address? It should remember the style you select the first time you go into the preferences, but if it's then putting a style into the page URL, that's definitely a bug.
There is "?style=5" right after I change the theme, but it's gone on the next visit (and everything is snowy again).
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

OK, I should be able to fix that - will try to look at it tomorrow.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

orudge wrote:Sorry about the delay - the white text on the snow should be fixed now. If you spot any more let me know.
At the bottom left of this thread there is a "Go" button with white text in front.
At some pages, eg http://www.tt-forums.net/viewforum.php?f=49 at the bottom there is an explanation of the thread icons in white text too. At the right, there is white text explaining what I can or cannot do ("make a post", "make a topic", etc)

EDIT: Unclicked links are white (not sure this is a problem, as background is black, buit it's different from "normal" and I find it confusing.
Last edited by Alberth on 30 Dec 2015 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

The search for text at the bottom of this thread is white on the white background.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/

Return to “News”