Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
 Post subject: Christmas theme
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:30 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Apologies for the delay this year - the Christmas theme is now up. If you've got your profile set to the standard Transport Tycoon Forums theme, then you should see our nice winter theme now. You may need to press CTRL-F5 (or equivalent in your browser) to force the graphics to refresh, though.

I know there are a few things that are broken or wonky in the theme following the phpBB 3.1 upgrade (e.g., the "last visit" text at the top of each page; the 'key' at the bottom of the main page). I'll try to fix these tomorrow. If you spot anything else that's wrong, please let me know by posting in this topic.

If you don't want to use the Christmas theme, you can change the theme in your User Control Panel to the "Transport Tycoon (temperate)" theme. This is available year-round.

Enjoy the theme! :)

Post subject: Re: Christmas theme
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:40 am 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

\o/ Snow!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:27 am 
President
President

I can barely see green text on green grass.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:45 am 

McZapkie wrote:
I can barely see green text on green grass.

Which theme are you trying to use? You might need to do a hard refresh (Ctrl-F5 or similar)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:50 am 
President
President

Looks much better after browser refresh. It is now even more readable and eye-neutral than temperate theme.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:26 pm 

Yes, I'm quite fond of the snow theme. It's more neutral and more in line with other websites. Bright backgrounds are better than green!!

(Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91) 2016-06-23

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:54 pm 
President
President

McZapkie wrote:
Looks much better after browser refresh. It is now even more readable and eye-neutral than temperate theme.

After the refresh, I can hardly see the white texts against the snowy background :lol: which are less important of the two, as green texts are the links I need to use.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:30 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

I've changed to the "Transport Tycoon (temperate)" theme, and the look has changed, but the "theme" field is back to the "Transport Tycoon". Does this mean it wont remember my choice the next time?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:53 pm 

Sylf wrote:
McZapkie wrote:

After the refresh, I can hardly see the white texts against the snowy background :lol: which are less important of the two, as green texts are the links I need to use.

orudge wrote:
I know there are a few things that are broken or wonky in the theme following the phpBB 3.1 upgrade (e.g., the "last visit" text at the top of each page; the 'key' at the bottom of the main page). I'll try to fix these tomorrow. If you spot anything else that's wrong, please let me know by posting in this topic.

(Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91) 2016-06-23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:48 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

bjgttd wrote:
I've changed to the "Transport Tycoon (temperate)" theme, and the look has changed, but the "theme" field is back to the "Transport Tycoon". Does this mean it wont remember my choice the next time?

The next day - and the white background is back. Quite an annoying bug. :(

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:41 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Try clearing your cache, restarting your browser and changing the setting. I remember having this issue several years ago myself. Once I did that I never had to be blinded by the snow again. :)

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:28 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

orudge wrote:

Related to this: The page number of the thread you are on by default display in white which makes them a little difficult to read.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:47 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry about the delay - the white text on the snow should be fixed now. If you spot any more let me know.

bjgttd wrote:

That's possibly a bug as a result of a customisation I made to phpBB some years ago - if you look at the page URL, does it have "?style=1" (or something like that) at the end of the address? It should remember the style you select the first time you go into the preferences, but if it's then putting a style into the page URL, that's definitely a bug.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:50 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

orudge wrote:
bjgttd wrote:

That's possibly a bug as a result of a customisation I made to phpBB some years ago - if you look at the page URL, does it have "?style=1" (or something like that) at the end of the address? It should remember the style you select the first time you go into the preferences, but if it's then putting a style into the page URL, that's definitely a bug.

There is "?style=5" right after I change the theme, but it's gone on the next visit (and everything is snowy again).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:48 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

OK, I should be able to fix that - will try to look at it tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:45 pm 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

orudge wrote:
Sorry about the delay - the white text on the snow should be fixed now. If you spot any more let me know.
At the bottom left of this thread there is a "Go" button with white text in front.
At some pages, eg viewforum.php?f=49 at the bottom there is an explanation of the thread icons in white text too. At the right, there is white text explaining what I can or cannot do ("make a post", "make a topic", etc)

EDIT: Unclicked links are white (not sure this is a problem, as background is black, buit it's different from "normal" and I find it confusing.

Last edited by Alberth on Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:59 pm 

The search for text at the bottom of this thread is white on the white background.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]