Important note for all users.tt-forums.net account holders

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Important note for all users.tt-forums.net account holders

Post by orudge »

Hi all,

As many of you will be aware, it has been possible to get free web space on the users.tt-forums.net server for hosting TT-related content for many years now. Over the years, some 59 people have taken advantage of this. However, many of the sites they've uploaded have not been touched in years (and indeed, 6 users never uploaded a single thing anyway!). As such, some of these sites and FTP logins may present a security risk. (Note that the forums themselves are hosted on a separate server, so there should be no risk to the forums themselves.)

In order to better manage these sites, I have removed all FTP access to the users.tt-forums.net server. If you previously had a users.tt-forums.net login, it will no longer work. All content is safe and will not be deleted; you can still access it in the usual way. If you have a users.tt-forums.net site and are not interested in updating it any more, then that's fine. You won't need an FTP login and your site will remain up*.

If, however, you are still actively working on your site or you think you will in the future, then that's fine as well. What you'll need to do is send me a private message saying so (don't forget to include your site URL). Your site will be moved to a sitename.users.tt-forums.net site (and the existing URL set up to redirect to the new URL). You will then get access to a full control panel for your site, allowing you to configure FTP accounts, MySQL databases and so on yourself.

If you don't already have a users.tt-forums.net account and would be interested in one, send me a PM and let me know what you want it for. Anything related to Transport Tycoon or Locomotion will usually be accepted.

If you have any queries or concerns, please let me know.

* If you are running any off-the-shelf PHP scripts such as WordPress, I may perform automatic updates to this software to try to reduce the risk of security vulnerabilities. Should any script break due to PHP upgrades, or become problematic for any other reason, I may have to remove it. I will inform you of this, if possible.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Important note for all users.tt-forums.net account holde

Post by Purno »

Is there a deadline or can I still PM you for new login details when I have a need to update my site, which could take months or longer? :P
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

No deadline, just PM me whenever, even if it's in 2 years!
BUFUsCS
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by BUFUsCS »

I recently found out I still have a website hosted on the TT Forums servers. Nostalgic. Awesome of you, Owen, to leave it up. :bow:
To make a mistake is human, to be able to forgive is divine.

Return to “News”