Christmas time!

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Christmas time!

Post by orudge »

Et voilà!

Thanks very much for your help, Purno and Alberth. :)
Attachments
snowy.png
Snowy forums
(88.06 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Alberth wrote:
Purno wrote:... don't really have a good overview of all the buttons available there...
The board is theme able, which suggests someone could design a theme and upload it somewhere, and a board administrator can then download such a theme and drop it somewhere at the server.

If that is really the case, it's likely such themes contain all sprites of the board.
Yes. That's how most forum themes work. Anyone can make a theme, with a new css sheet, images, colors etc. Of course you then have to get owen to upload it, if I thought he would do, I'd do one, get rid of the ugly phpBB looks and introduce some new curvy corner stuff ala modern software!
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

orudge wrote:Et voilà!

Thanks very much for your help, Purno and Alberth. :)
Woosh, massive epicness! :tongue:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

All looks good now.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Yeah, all looks lovely :bow: ! Now, make a springtheme with flowers and stuff. Its freezing here :p
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Image captions seem to be the same colour as the background, thus making them invisible!
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

They are black to me, on a gray background?
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

That's a very old bug with the theme, afaik Owen can't do anything about it, but i could be wrong...
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I'm loving that fancy user rank. Merry!

And now there's a christmas avatar for me.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

On the non christmas theme. User ranks appear with a snow covering and the christmas coloring, even though nothing else does. Looks a bit weird. I assume internally the rank images are shared across themes and not unique to a theme.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
skippern
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skippern »

Smilies too
Skippern
OpenTTD Mac user
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

Jolteon wrote:On the non christmas theme. User ranks appear with a snow covering and the christmas coloring, even though nothing else does. Looks a bit weird. I assume internally the rank images are shared across themes and not unique to a theme.
sStrange really, because they were working before.

For the smilies, try CTRL-F5, they are working for me on the Temperate theme.
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

47 407 wrote:
Jolteon wrote:On the non christmas theme. User ranks appear with a snow covering and the christmas coloring, even though nothing else does. Looks a bit weird. I assume internally the rank images are shared across themes and not unique to a theme.
sStrange really, because they were working before.

For the smilies, try CTRL-F5, they are working for me on the Temperate theme.
Smilies are global, and not dependant on theme (although I really wish they were), i assume its the same with ranks. ctrl+f5 does nothing (except reload it as it was before :p)
skippern
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skippern »

I have always stayed with Temperate (since the announcement of the x-mas theme), and I see Santa's caps popping up on all smilies, so I doubt a ⌘R will make any difference
Skippern
OpenTTD Mac user
Dave

Post by Dave »

Only reason you wouldn't use Xmas theme is the brightness and the odd font colouring. As neither the rank bars or smilies affect those, I don't see what the issue is!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Dave wrote:Only reason you wouldn't use Xmas theme is the brightness and the odd font colouring. As neither the rank bars or smilies affect those, I don't see what the issue is!
Well, I don't use the Christmas theme as I am not in the habit of celebrating something I do not believe in. The idea of having differing themes is so you can seperate things. Which the themes here do not. With the temperate theme, you still get the odd mis-matched bit of christmas stuff.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Jolteon wrote:The idea of having differing themes is so you can seperate things. Which the themes here do not. With the temperate theme, you still get the odd mis-matched bit of christmas stuff.
While this is valid, we're not exactly forcing you into celebrating Christmas just through a green/red user rank with some snow on it. Snow may very much occur at this time. A red hat on a smiley also doesn't really force Jesus down your throat. I think you can survive a few weeks of forced festivities even with a temperate background as opposed to a winter background :)
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Chrill wrote:
Jolteon wrote:The idea of having differing themes is so you can seperate things. Which the themes here do not. With the temperate theme, you still get the odd mis-matched bit of christmas stuff.
A red hat on a smiley also doesn't really force Jesus down your throat.
It is however, still a (very obvious) christmas hat. Which is hardly a neutral 'holiday' item. If you have multiple themes, they should be independant, failing that, anything should be neutral, so it can be applied to 'holiday' or 'Christmas'. It's all about political correctness and neutrality...
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

How do you cope with going outside at the minute?
skippern
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skippern »

Ameecher wrote:How do you cope with going outside at the minute?
Dunno with other anti-xmas ppl, but I actually avoid all by staying at work - and have no immediate plans of exposing myself to xmas until I actually have to (they days I have to take off work)
Skippern
OpenTTD Mac user

Return to “News”