Changes to the moderator team; seeking new volunteers

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Changes to the moderator team; seeking new volunteers

Post by Benny »

Didn't know you had stepped down Hyro, but I must thank you for your years of moderating service. I know you've put me to justice more than once in the past. ;)
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Ah, should have known this earlier :P.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Illegal_Alien wrote:Ah, should have known this earlier :P.
Could always try sending a PM now, if you mean what I think you do :P
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

I am pretty sure that I wont qualify :p Although I would suggest upgrading Badger would be a great idea.
•You must have joined the forums before 1st January 2012. While I appreciate the newer members amongst you may be enthusiastic, it would be preferable to have somebody who has spent enough time on the forums to have built up some experience. Passed
•You must have made at least 100 posts. Passed
•You must not have received any official warnings or bans (although discretion may be shown in certain circumstances). Fail
•You must be helpful and courteous. Fail at some points.
•You must be able to visit the forums at least every couple of days, under normal circumstances.Passed
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Well I applied...
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I will be having a think this evening about all who have applied. Thanks very much for your applications everybody, there has been an overwhelming response!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Dave W wrote:Well I applied...
You passed the "no warnings" criteria? :tongue:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

I can see Dave blowing the forums up in 6 months.

Although, if Dave was chosen, I can see it just for
a laugh than being productive.
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
Dave

Post by Dave »

Purno wrote:
Dave W wrote:Well I applied...
You passed the "no warnings" criteria? :tongue:
No. Did it say you couldn't apply if you didn't pass all the criteria?

Owen said he'd use discretion where necessary. My last warning/ban was Christmas Day 2009!

EDIT: At what point would my appointment be for "a laugh" only?
Last edited by Dave on 01 Jun 2013 19:07, edited 1 time in total.

Flickr

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Dave W wrote:No. Did it say you couldn't apply if you didn't pass all the criteria?
Nopes, was trying to tell Illegal Alien that too.
Owen said he'd use discretion where necessary. My last warning/ban was Christmas Day 2009!
That's an odd Christmas gift. :mrgreen:
Image Image
Dave

Post by Dave »

Purno wrote:That's an odd Christmas gift. :mrgreen:
Yeah well, thank Hyro for that!

Flickr

jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

I apply, I apply! I want to be a mod!
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Thank you very much to everybody who applied, some 15 people in all. I've picked a handful of people to become moderators, and once they've all confirmed to me that they're willing to take up the position, I'll announce them here.

To those of you who didn't get picked, I really do appreciate you applying, and perhaps in the future we will need new moderators and you could be picked then. As I say, thank you. :)

Cheers,
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

I was really surprised I wasn't picked but equally surprised that I was sent a response that I wasn't picked because there were too many applicants, which I don't really get as a reason for rejection. My apologies if I sound rude, Owen, but care to elaborate?
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Well, I will be announcing the new moderators tomorrow or once they've all got back to me, but there will be quite a large team as it is, and simply I had to pick some over others. Normally I would just pick moderators myself that have caught my eye; this is somewhat of an experiment asking for volunteers. In a way I don't like doing this because inevitably people are upset when they don't get picked, and that's perhaps part of the reason why I've never done it before. However, doing so has brought some names forward that I might not have considered before, and like I said before, I will certainly keep everybody who has applied in mind in the future should we need more moderators.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Looking forward to hearing the make-up of the new team!

Flickr

Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

47 407 wrote:I was really surprised I wasn't picked but equally surprised that I was sent a response that I wasn't picked because there were too many applicants, which I don't really get as a reason for rejection. My apologies if I sound rude, Owen, but care to elaborate?
Probably because of that attitude?
Chris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Chris »

47 407 wrote:I was really surprised I wasn't picked but equally surprised that I was sent a response that I wasn't picked because there were too many applicants, which I don't really get as a reason for rejection. My apologies if I sound rude, Owen, but care to elaborate?
You sound flipping arrogant.
Last edited by Geo Ghost on 02 Jun 2013 07:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replaced with a different f-word. Let's keep it clean chaps.
Screenshots

Formerly Class 165
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I suspect Owen was too busy to write everyone a detailled reply, as I got the same type of PM. Give the man a break ;)
orudge wrote:In a way I don't like doing this because inevitably people are upset when they don't get picked, and that's perhaps part of the reason why I've never done it before.
Upset? Nah. Surprised perhaps. Considering you rejected someone who's been quite active for several years, it sounds like you had a few awesome applicants. I'll just keep pressing the "report" button and set your new staff off to work :mrgreen:
Image Image
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

I have a feeling time zone played a factor as to who got picked.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/

Return to “News”