Changes to the moderator team; seeking new volunteers

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Changes to the moderator team; seeking new volunteers

Post by Purno »

Oh it's played a factor for sure, question is, by how much. :P

If my time zone is the reason I got rejected, good to know. At least I didn't do anything wrong to mess this up. :tongue:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Another part of it is simply that several people would have been equally good, and in those cases, I've generally picked those who got their applications in first (where timezones, experience, etc, are all the same). It's very difficult to choose when you have so many good choices!
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

orudge wrote:Well, I will be announcing the new moderators tomorrow or once they've all got back to me, but there will be quite a large team as it is, and simply I had to pick some over others. Normally I would just pick moderators myself that have caught my eye; this is somewhat of an experiment asking for volunteers. In a way I don't like doing this because inevitably people are upset when they don't get picked, and that's perhaps part of the reason why I've never done it before. However, doing so has brought some names forward that I might not have considered before, and like I said before, I will certainly keep everybody who has applied in mind in the future should we need more moderators.
You can indeed get a too large team moderating, so it is good to keep the numbers a bit limited. I think before this it was getting a bit low in numbers (some things just took a bit longer) but that you now will have a nice number again. And it is always good to keep the names for future occasions.
Dave wrote:Looking forward to hearing the make-up of the new team!
Congrats with that shiny light blue name (and everyone else that became moderator, but with another color).
Last edited by Transportman on 02 Jun 2013 07:38, edited 1 time in total.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Congrats to every new moderator, I see a brand new moderator group even. Clever, though the colour might not work brilliantly on the subsilver and prosilver theme Owen.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

It's quite hard to find a new colour that works on all themes. :( I may have to have a play around with that.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

orudge wrote:It's quite hard to find a new colour that works on all themes. :( I may have to have a play around with that.
I figure it is but generally a darker colour will work on bright themes as pro- and subsilver. And I think they will work fine on the TT theme too.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

orudge wrote:It's quite hard to find a new colour that works on all themes. :( I may have to have a play around with that.
Woah that was close. Note to self, the edit button is veeery close to the quote button!

The colour for that group was pink when I woke up this morning. Certainly made me chuckle when I saw the name :P
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Yes, I quite liked that pink, but it didn't work well on the TT theme.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Geo Ghost wrote:
Woah that was close. Note to self, the edit button is veeery close to the quote button!

The colour for that group was pink when I woke up this morning. Certainly made me chuckle when I saw the name :P
Gee, I never made that mistake :roll: .
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Isn't Dave gonna be lonely in that group?

Though I guess he's gonna like his unique color :P
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Well, I would like to avoid giving moderator permissions to specific users nowadays (which I have done in the past now and then), so even if there's only one person in the group, at least it lets me keep track of who actually has those permissions a bit better!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I totally understand. Would've done the same :)
Image Image
Dave

Post by Dave »

Gutted it's not pink now! :(
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Yeah, can't you swap the color with the Bots group, Owen?
Image Image
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Purno wrote:Though I guess he's gonna like his unique color :P
Make it the color of NR.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Mostly @Owen - Sorry, I haven't paid enough attention and I haven't seen this about new mods. I would have offered you my help too otherwise. In any case, if you'll ever require anything, I'm at your disposal any time.

Cheers to all and congrats to new mods once again!
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield

Return to “News”