Christmas theme

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Christmas theme

Post by Purno »

orudge wrote:Also, no whining about the Christmas theme - I implemented the "forced temperate" theme last year to stop all this whining! :P
I vote to ban any complainers for the duration of the Christmas period, so the rest of us can have a merry Christmas :mrgreen:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

orudge wrote:I dim the brightness on my screens, particularly in the early morning and the evening (indeed, I have an application called Flux for Windows that does this) - try it.
I also use F.lux, and have noticed that I now regularly want to lower the brightness when I sit at somebody else's screen.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I always use the buttons on my monitor hardware to decrease brightness. Am I just too simple? :P
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

I just had to seriously search where those are on my LCD ... well, not that I ever adjust the brightness anyways. Sometimes takes a bit to spot the mouse cursor in the morning though, admittedly ;)
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

I remember the CRT monitor I had 15 years ago had handy knobs for adjusting brightness and contrast.

I agree the cursor is hard to see at times, especially on a HD screen filled with busy OTTD. (I think the large icons GRF has a large cursor in it)
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

AndersI wrote:
orudge wrote:I dim the brightness on my screens, particularly in the early morning and the evening (indeed, I have an application called Flux for Windows that does this) - try it.
I also use F.lux, and have noticed that I now regularly want to lower the brightness when I sit at somebody else's screen.
Downloaded and like it already. Much nicer today as when I installed it last night it immediately switched to night mode which made everything go sepia very quickly. The gradual transition is nice though.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Why does displaying it require a refresh?
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Because your browser caches the CSS and image files, and they've not been updated on disk. I suppose I could touch all the files to give them a new timestamp when doing the change...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

orudge wrote:Because your browser caches the CSS and image files, and they've not been updated on disk. I suppose I could touch all the files to give them a new timestamp when doing the change...
Please only do that if it's less effort than me pressing my F5 button. Refreshing is too easy to let you waste time on stuff like this, IMO :P
Image Image
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Code: Select all

find . -exec touch {} \;
should do it. I can simply add that to my script. I'll test it out when we switch back to the normal theme.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Purno wrote:I always use the buttons on my monitor hardware to decrease brightness. Am I just too simple? :P
Not really. My screen has also one of these apps called a "button" to accomplish this. It actually has a shortcut button for this, so that you don't have to go through the complete menu every time.
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Macs do it inbuilt, using the camera to sense ambient light levels.
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
thphwh
Director
Director

Post by thphwh »

F.lux is useful ; stereopsis.com/flux/
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I've adjusted to the theme over the years, but it would be nice if we could permanently set the theme we want to use in our profiles, that way you don't have to hear from us whiners every year. :-)
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

JamieLei wrote:Macs do it inbuilt, using the camera to sense ambient light levels.
But sometimes, in certain light conditions, the screen brightens and dims every time you move your head :mrgreen:
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

kamnet wrote:I've adjusted to the theme over the years, but it would be nice if we could permanently set the theme we want to use in our profiles, that way you don't have to hear from us whiners every year. :-)
You can permanently choose to use the Temperate theme, if you wish, or you can choose to have it adjust to the winter theme (and, if I ever upgrade it, the Easter theme) at the appropriate time. At present, the winter theme is not available permanently though, and I have no plans to change that at present.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I would never select that, having Winter year-round is pointless. Like eggnog. If we had it every day, we would be obese.

Or in terms of my country, morbidly obese.
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

Aren't your lot morbidly obese already? :P
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

orudge wrote:the Easter theme
Sorry, Easter Theme, What?
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

I could select the winter theme in July, it would make much more sense then :mrgreen:
A321Pilot wrote:
orudge wrote:the Easter theme
Sorry, Easter Theme, What?
I was going to ask the same thing. Toyland perhaps?

Return to “News”