Forums upgraded to phpBB 3.0.11

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Forums upgraded to phpBB 3.0.11

Post by orudge »

I've upgraded the forums to phpBB 3.0.11. As always, if anybody notices any glitches or bugs, please let me know.

I've also upgraded the Tapatalk plugin. The new version supports things like push notifications and a Chrome extension of some sort, but those are presently disabled because they require changes to the phpBB codebase itself, which I'd rather not make at present. If lots of people want them, I could implement them.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Forums upgraded to phpBB 3.0.11

Post by Hyronymus »

orudge wrote:I've upgraded the forums to phpBB 3.0.11. As always, if anybody notices any glitches or bugs, please let me know.

I've also upgraded the Tapatalk plugin. The new version supports things like push notifications and a Chrome extension of some sort, but those are presently disabled because they require changes to the phpBB codebase itself, which I'd rather not make at present. If lots of people want them, I could implement them.
Is it me or is the default display size for the board different from earlier version? I see a striking change in this versiom. My desktop is at 1920 x 1080px.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

What do you mean? Can you provide a screenshot? Nothing seems different to me.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Of course I can.

The text and forum post icons are smaller now, it all looks more stretched.
Attachments
Smaller text - larger width.png
Smaller text - larger width.png (118.1 KiB) Viewed 14650 times
APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

Try using Ctrl with the scroll wheel it looks zoomed out.
Visit my screenshot thread--> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54118
If you want to have a go at War Thunder, PM me, I have an invite code.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

If you could post an actual sized image, rather than a reduced screenshot, it may be more useful. But certainly, nothing seems to have changed for me, even after a hard refresh.
thphwh
Director
Director

Post by thphwh »

orudge wrote:I've also upgraded the Tapatalk plugin.
That's why the app wasn't working this morning. I haven't really noticed much of a difference, though Tapatalk is an awful app. Who else uses it?

Edit: Just noticed something peculiar. I can still see threads that have been put in the Spam Bin and the Private area through Tapatalk! I have checked and they don't appear in a browser. While I cannot read the full thread, I can see the beginning of the first post and the thread name. It is quite annoying since I have to view the spam that has been dealt with already, so I cannot report it.

Pictures:
An example of two threads in the Private area and one in the Spam bin. These should not be viewable.

This shows the thread opened in tapatalk, I cannot view the thread.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

Hyronymus wrote:Is it me or is the default display size for the board different from earlier version? I see a striking change in this versiom. My desktop is at 1920 x 1080px.
It is not you. Normally I can see from Off-Topic to TTDP suggestions, last night I could see from Off-Topic to Locomotion Beginners on one screen. Interestingly it is now back to normal again.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

thphwh wrote:Edit: Just noticed something peculiar. I can still see threads that have been put in the Spam Bin and the Private area through Tapatalk! I have checked and they don't appear in a browser. While I cannot read the full thread, I can see the beginning of the first post and the thread name. It is quite annoying since I have to view the spam that has been dealt with already, so I cannot report it.
Well, that should certainly not be happening. As such, I've removed the Tapatalk plug-in until such time as they can provide a fix.

EDIT: OK, it looks like they already have a fix up on their forum, which I have now applied.
thphwh
Director
Director

Post by thphwh »

Thank you. That has worked.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Return to “News”